Thread: Nokia N97 GPS Antenna Hack or modification.

Nokia N97 GPS Antenna Hack or modification.

I want to know that is there any N97 GPS is working fine without any Problem. As there is a map navigation facility in new N97 means it has a software GPS in the handset. At the time of navigation to the new maps my phones software was useless. My GPS signal is lost very often and the position arrow is also coming too late for the turn and corners.Also speed is also very often and It becomes very weak when position is lost and it start navigation again from the beginning. Is there any chances that its GPS can be hacked. If yes than how it can be modified so that it can be prevented by hacking. Any suggestion.

Re: Nokia N97 GPS Antenna Hack or modification.

I know what you mean. The same problem was with my Nokia N82.The GPS of my handset was better than this but it has a better GPS software and new maps than mine. So it seems best. As you told that your GPS is not working properly it doesn't mean that GPS is hacked. Watch out it may be your software problem. You can go to the Nokia service center they will solve your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have searched about this very much and find that GPS can not be hacked. This problem is due to bad signal in your mobile handset.There may be any hardware problem in the mobile. It seems that your antenna is not working well. I will suggest you to go to the mobile repairing shop for this issue. You can go to the Nokia mobile service center to sort out this problem.

As you are using GPS in nokia N97 and having the problem with it that it is not working properly. It may be an issue of the weak signal due to the network fluctuation. If your handset is new than your Sim card may be old or it may be of 16k Sim card. As I know that this may be one reason of your problem. I will recommend you to buy a new 3g Sim card. Try this it may work better.

It may the problem of your mobiles firmware. I will suggest you to update it with the latest version. This was the same problem with my Nokia N97 when I bought. After updating the firmware check these setting:
    menu-settings-Phone- Application Settings - Positioning
    The positioning has three steps for setting the positioning you have to select position server. In this option there are three options.
    • positioning server use- It will set as"Always Ask"
    • Access point-It should be your network providers name
    • Server address-It should be "supl.nokia.com"
    After setting these you can use your GPS easily.

I think you should to try using the external receiver it may work better. If the external one works better then there may be problem with your handsets hardware. Something is wrong with your GPS hardware on your device. You should try checking it from the repairing center. They will be able to solve your problem definitely.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"