Thread: No wireless option satellite l505 s5990

No wireless option satellite l505 s5990

I am trying to fix this issue with my laptop and that would not detect our wifi network connection . All it detects is broadband line that it requires for. I have connected it in (works with the ethernet cable), finished the installation of entire applicable Windows 7 updates, updated the driver, the BIOS, Flash Cards (FN-F8 would not come up), tested the WLAN and all corresponding components to find the status if they have started, uninstalled the wireless adapter within the devices and rebooted...

It seems that the wireless adapter is moved into the off mode and I just got unable to get this back in the on mode. I am not positive but even after performing all this, I have never gotten a "wireless enabled" under the "manage my networks" Window.

Re: No wireless option satellite l505 s5990

Can't hurt to moved via these hoops. It seems feasible for some . You have to just remove the battery and AC adapter, close down the Power switch for half-a-minute.

And then after attach the same things again ,use the Power button to power this on and then after use to go ahead for the F2 key when the Toshiba logo got shown . Use the F9 key to enter into the restore operation of the BIOS default configuration , press F10 and then after choose Yes option (Exit Saving Changes). The computer will reboot.

Did that, backed up to a month before issue . I still have not resolved this. The different four machines within the house are entirely going well onto the wifi network connection. My girlfriend has never got such type of any issues ever on this very Toshiba. She had purchased it for 8 months .

It is just not searching out any type of wifi connection . broadband only. would not even come up with the option to configure up the new wireless connection or network because it just does not get the access of house wifi, even a foot away.

Can you Help me out from this issue, this is my current system configuration :

Toshiba Satellite Pro A10
    Model No PSA15E-01PFQ-EN
    Serial No Y3602494G
    Windows XP Pro

On the front of this laptop, one of the switch tagged specially for the wireless - this switch is configured with the On sate , Windows XP Pro is unable to find any wireless device - Windows Device Manager does not display any wireless adapter. Can you suggest me please - do I have to perform the installation of the applicable Driver - Does this laptop moves compatible with the wireless conection ?

Commonly, if you are running with a wireless switch onto your notebook then you should have be available with the wireless LAN card also. In your scenario, I would use to perform the installation of the driver. Then after, the WLAN card should be displayed within the device manager section properly:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

If that is not going feasible for you then you can try to go with the BIOS update. Are you working within the environment of factory configuration or have you finished the installation of your own Windows version ?

Thank you so much for the help and suggestion that you have provided to me - it seems that the wireless device has stopped functioning at all; no orange light when I switch the wifi in the on mode - there is no reference for the wifi within the windows device manager; it could be and it is not inserted or seated in the appropriate manner .Do you have any idea about the simple method to check it out or does it mean removing the back of the laptop and then having to remove other bits before you are able to get to the wifi card ?