Thread: Acer Aspire 1410 High Pitched Noise/Whine?

Acer Aspire 1410 High Pitched Noise/Whine?

I got the Acer Aspire laptop recently. I am very fond of it. I like every aspect of this laptop. The laptop I think has some exception, though. I think the laptop gives me a high pitched noise. I am wondering if this is normal as compared to other laptops. I only hear it when there isn't much noise around. It comes from the area near the indicator lights. It is more apparent where the RAM / HD slot is. When the AC plug is in the sound is much louder, but on the battery it is somewhat less. What might be the cause of this noise and is there any way I can get rid of it?

Re: Acer Aspire 1410 High Pitched Noise/Whine?

I am not surprised with what you have posted. To some people the sound may look a little high, but will surely try to look in this matter. Before saying anything can you tell me the Operating System, the size of the RAM and the Processor, that you have for the laptop. It is after you give me the specifications I will be able to help you. Post me soon the specifications.

I do not know what exactly will you get from the specifications, but the specifications are as follows. The Operating System that I have is Windows 7 with all the upgraded drivers. The RAM size is 2GB and the processor is Core i3. Should I go for a replacement. I do not know what to do? I am waiting for the suggestions. I can also hear the whine through the headphone jack if nothing is playing. I decided using the RMClock trick, but this did not work. Since the option to "Run HLT command when OS is idle" is grayed out and cannot be selected.

Yes, you really need to search for another solution. At first when I read about the whine case of yours in this thread, I thought it is a DC+_DC converter that is causing it. In this case the coils or the transformers make some sound that results in the whine. On the AC that even sound worst. You have also said that the sound comes from the headphone jack, but know this resembles that there is some thing faulty in the laptop. I will write soon if I can get more.

I am wondering how are you tolerating the laptop for these many weeks. If your laptop stays in the warranty then why not to go for the replacement. I am dam sure that this whine is the result of the i-core processors. i-core processors have the habit of making this sound. Most of the time the sound problems are the result of the problems in the hardware. So, please go for the replacement if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1 View Post
    I am wondering how are you tolerating the laptop for these many weeks. If your laptop stays in the warranty then why not to go for the replacement. I am dam sure that this whine is the result of the i-core processors. i-core processors have the habit of making this sound. Most of the time the sound problems are the result of the problems in the hardware. So, please go for the replacement if possible
    At first, I also thought that this may be the result of the i-core processor. Then I realize that it was not the case. The sound goes away on the battery power so if it was the processor the sound should have persist but it does not. Even when the hard drive is not spinning, it sometime gives the whine sound. For one thin I am sure that the noise becomes louder and constant on AC adapter power. Please guys any suggestion, I waiting.....

I have done the replacement of the laptop because of the noise. Now the replacement is working without any problems. When I was facing the problem with the older laptop I was sure that the sound was coming from the RAM area. Yes, the sound was even worse on the headphone. I did not get the reason for this fault and hence went for the replacement. If you do not get any thing working then go for the replacement.