Thread: Acer Aspire 7220 flashing power light, doesn't boot

Acer Aspire 7220 flashing power light, doesn't boot

I was using an Acer Aspire 7220 and it was Windows XP laptop, but suddenly what has happened to my notebook that i don't know but it just does not gets boot now. I have tried booting up this laptop with direct power supply (without battery) but it didn't worked for my laptop. When i am switching the power button on then just power light flashes.

Re: Acer Aspire 7220 flashing power light, doesn't boot

I was having the same problem in my laptop as it crashed because it got heated due to dirty fan. then it refused to start one day with no further reaction to the start button. I have tied to the exchange of the battery but that even not worked. What should i try more then that so i can boot damn laptop. Please help meeee!

The aspire l100 has a serious design problem the motherboard is usually one year (my case and many cf. Forums) I tried to negotiate with Acer, disastrous trade policy, they are unable to admit the problem. Finally, for my part that Acer is the first and the last I buy. Doing so does not trust and I prefer not to test this brand and warn Acer are crooks.

Bios battery located under the motherboard so I would have to disassemble everything I have when I do buy this machine as rotten to the back on their leg without the dismount because I doubt that the clear cmos am the ultimate solution to this machine is very important and must reinstall the bios is to say to reprogram the flash if you prefer to DL the latest bios from acer for sucks.

I just sent an email to ACER to tell them of my problems with my pc and after we searched on an internet then there were many to having the same failure on the same piece of laptop. Thus there was Perhaps a latent defect on the motherboard and what were the steps to take to enforce our law. By cons, so that there is more impact on demand, it should come together to show our displeasure.

I realized that apparently would be the graphics card (which I note is included), which heat up too much and thus do could not start. So what I did, I unscrew the 4 set is cooler on the graphics card cooler and I turned in another direction (not upside down of course) for my acer 7530 I have put it in a sense because there was enough room.
    Now my screen restarts correctly, I am trying to reinstall windows right now and so far no problem, I have turned off several times and it restarts correctly.

Turn off your notebook and remove the charger (not the battery). Remove the keyboard of your laptop PC using a flat screwdriver attention ....( the water below). detach the layer of the motherboard. Now you will find a small black case with micro swish (small switches numbered). Move the switch number 1 up. Reconnect the water on the keyboard without changing the keyboard has its place. Start the computer and press F2, normally you must enter setup without problem. Protection in the menu disable the use of password, the state had "clear" Save and exit. Turn off your PC. Turn the switch 1 has its initial state (move down). Reset the keyboard has its place.

Luckily the Aspire One boards a routine repair the BIOS to reset it as a last resort. Be warned (e) that this operation is risky and will void your warranty!
    To flash BIOS, you'll need a USB drive formatted in FAT (it's usually the case).
    1. Extract the archive. Zip file you just downloaded
    2. Connect the USB
    3. Copy the files and file FLASHIT.EXE. Fd (eg ZG5_3114.fd) to the root of the USB
    4. Rename the file. Fd in ZG5IA32.FD
    5. Eject the USB
    6. Connect it to your Acer Aspire One (off)
    7. Before turning on the machine, simultaneously press the Fn + Esc, and let them supported
    8. The power button should start flashing. You can release the Fn + Esc
    9. While the power button flashes, press it once. If you wait too long, the button will stop blinking and it will repeat the maneuver
    10. If you pressed the button in time, the routine will snap and will reset the BIOS with the version on the USB drive. This may take several minutes.
    11. After some time, the activity of the USB key will stop and the power button will stop flashing. Wait while the system reboots. If it does not start immediately, wait at least 5 minutes before turning off the machine.
    12. If all went well, your Aspire One will work again.

Info that may be usefull to some readers. I have an Asus 5742Z on which the power button light, plug in indicator light and battery charging light started to flash all at the same time. At first I suspected a software problem so I did a factory reset but that did not help. I then tried a spare battery but same problem again. What was odd was that the problem would go out for a while but then come back. After a bit of troubleshooting, the problem was found. It was a broken connection on the power connector of the PC. The two little black wires solder joint had broken off but being in a tight space contact would be made at times and then not. I resoldered the wires to the connector and the problem was solved. Hope this help.