Thread: Disable touchpad on A215-S4697

Disable touchpad on A215-S4697

There is some method through which I can make disable the touchpad when I connect the USB mouse in it . This is actually what I have used to do:

1) Searching for a button on the top or bottom of the touchpad . I am not getting any type of button
    2) Fn+F9 does not come up to disable this.
    3) Device Manager => Mice and other pointing devices. Used to make it disable there, but not getting any type of options to make it disable -- only to uninstallation of the same .
    4) Device Manager => Mice and other pointing devices.

Can someone here help me to turn the touchpad within the off mode ?

Re: Disable touchpad on A215-S4697

In case, if you are unable to get such type of indication then you need to take another way to solve this out. You need to get into the BIOS and try to find out the appropriate settings. You will get some setting through which you can disable the same in there, I am sure that on some models the option for that is in there.

X305-720 Upgraded
    Core2 Quad Extreme CPU 2.4Ghz 12mb L2 cache

This is suggested and proper step through which you can get what you needed to achieve right now and it will be really helpful for you. You need to just moved into the Control Panel and select Mouse -> Properties. You will receive the dialogue with some of the tabs, six of them, click on the one to the far right suggested as : Device Settings. It ought to display you the Touch Pad with a options of button to make it disable . Remember the path to the same and you can re-activate this at will. It has nothing to do within the BIOS section .

I appreciate your suggestions and I got something that can do the same as I need in this case. I am unable to roll back the touchpad driver because the roll back button has been disabled . I used to perform the installation of two different versions of Synaptics [v10.0.9.0&v10.0.1.0]. After all, I fixed the issue by doing the reinstallation of original alps touch pad driver from Toshiba support. The Synaptics version for windows 7 and that contains the check box to deactivate the tapping feature but I am not sure if it will be feasible for on my system.