Thread: Toshiba Libretto U100 not booting

Toshiba Libretto U100 not booting

Something serious has happened to my laptop which is Toshiba Libretto U100 as when i am trying to turn it ON then it shows green power light but it does not give any hard drive noise or other activity. I am using Windows Vista on this laptop. I got it up to Windows start-up screen, but then it got crashed. Please help me to find out the problem with my laptop.

Re: Toshiba Libretto U100 not booting

Well if it is still under warranty, you must replace it. Suffice it to say that it is the only device that has suffered surge at home and it can not be in any case because of a false manipulation from you. Suddenly it is a domestic concern and it passes within the scope of coverage and then you will be spinning a new one or repair it or they spin you have a short end.

The memory test and if access to the bios is no problem is that your motherboard is OK then check if your HDD is in order or simply a concern with Windows, You can try booting in safe mode via F8 . I doubt that the graphics card or screen is concerned, if I say to connect an external monitor to see how it behaves. Think also unplug everything connected to pc (usb, printer etc. ...)
    Possibly also the battery. As a last resort you can see if you have a master reset button located at the back or bottom of the PC, consult your manual to see how to do it.

If the computer starts, the light turns green for disk access to the internal hard drive. This means that the internal hard drive has been detected successfully. If the message insert the system disk in the drive. Press any key when ready ... appears, the computer does not detect boot device. If the message NTLDR is missing appears, the hard drive is not configured as a unit startup. If the message Remove disks. Press any key to restart. appears, the disk or floppy disk does not contain boot files.

Before starting the unit, determine if the computer is in standby mode. In this case, the power light flashes orange (one second in two). If it blinks, proceed to Step 2. Otherwise, follow the instruction 1, then skip to step 3.
    Instructions:
    1. Press the power button to turn the computer on.
    2. Press the power button, wait a few seconds, then restart the computer or turn it off. To do this, press the reset button or the "food" to start the computer (depending on which model you have).
    3. Note that In this case, the "open data" (recorded by the mode) are lost. If the computer does not start automatically, try to put it on again.