Thread: [X305-Q705] Overheat while playing

[X305-Q705] Overheat while playing

I have a Qosmio x305-q705 for a year now. I finished the installation of Windows 7 64bit last three weeks and functioning great. I have been playing StarCraft 2 with some medium configuration, the settings was the default one and was going fine till now.The laptop tends to overheat during playing.

I finished the installation of NVIDIA system monitor and powered this on while playing. This laptop is placed on the flat surface. I have figured the CPU1 Tj Temp and CPU2 TJ Temp is going maximum. Once it achieves at the 95C the laptop power offs, around 15 minutes of playing. There is one configuration that I remembered was installing of the recently released NVIDIA video driver version 197.16. So I finished the uninstallation this one and done the reinstallation 195.62 also that was working before. Bu no luck ..

Re: [X305-Q705] Overheat while playing

Those three openings you would get onto the bottom of the situation are two fan openings and one subwoofer. You are running with two fans, one is connected there for the processor and another one is for the GPU, I would suggest that if you are not getting any dust buildup then you likely to be with a worst fan.

You need to try for blowing this out with a can of compressed air first, just make sure that it is not dust buildup. Change both of fans at one time if you are going for the repairing of the same that you will not have to worry about the different failing.

Actually my wife also having the same system and I also just found out that there is a blank space from that location, the second one fan belongs. Does someone running with the section number for the second fan and housing ? I can work with this , my son plays the Area 51 on the same if I attached a fan blowing directly on this , but crashes if the fan is moved on. Any suggestion would be appreciated ..

I am running with the issue with my Qosmio overheating. I have blown out the dust, although there was not much there. I have not configured the entire thing hardware-wise since purchasing the same . It used to overheat if I configure this down for so long (always on a hard surface) but currently it overheats just because the room is warmer. It seems as there is room for a second fan next to the first fan and the subwoofer. I have found another fans for Q706 models and I am just considering that I should be capable to have one of those in. Does someone have any idea if that would go fine for you ? The part number for the secondary fan is K000061950.

Hi everyone , well here is the easy but you know this seems so effective solution for you . cooling plate. I have an artic blast 3 fan cooling plate and I never over heat, after all I overclocked my complete system, Video, FBS, CPU,RAM, all over clocked, and didn't found as over heats. cooling plates cost within the $25 and $60. I over clocked my system with the help of RivaTuner. simple to work with this , use to screw the components up, EXTEARM caution if you work with the same.