Thread: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li Laptop wont boot black screen wifi light always on. HELP !!

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li Laptop wont boot black screen wifi light always on. HELP !!

Hello, i will try and keep this short and to the point. My laptop will not boot and will stay on a black screen like it has not even been switched on. I press the power button and all the lights flash but the wifi light stays on.
    In the past when this has happened in the same way, i would have had to switch it off, give it a light smack just below the keyboard, switch it back on and the wifi light will flash like the rest and stay off untill the system had loaded. Now it is constantly on as soon as the power button is pressed and will not boot at all.
    It is obvious that its either the wifi card or the motherboard. I was just wondering if anyone had a solution to the problem, a quick fix or has had the same problem which was easy to fix? Its an Amillo Li 1705.
    Thanks people.

Re: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li Laptop wont boot black screen wifi light always on. HELP !!

You can try to plug in an external monitor into the port on the laptop that you have, and be sure the laptop is not running while doing this. Boot the computer and check if the video on the external monitor is fine, then there's nothing wrong with the computer or the video adapter, but there is something wrong with the LCD display.

Re: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li Laptop wont boot black screen wifi light always on. HELP !!

I was having a old amd system from IBM. That system has the same issue. I was able to see the screen but that was extremely light. I showed that to a repair shop. They said my laptop lcd is gone. So I bought another and connected the laptop on it and it worked. I am still using that system in the same manner and there is no issue at all. Replacing a laptop lcd is quiet costly. You have to pay a good amount of the same. The best thing you can do is get a second hand crt monitor and use the laptop on it. This will work fine and give you appropriate output.

Are you able to see the bios screen when you turn on your laptop. There must be text or bios logo on the screen. If you are unable to find the same then the lcd is completely damage. You have to use a secondary monitor. The LCD cost depend on the models. If it is very old then higher you have to pay. At a very less cost you can buy a cheap crt monitor and use it. Or you can try to re-sell the same to get some money and buy a new one. My old damage is not completely damage. Issued started with keyboard. And nothing works now.