Thread: Regionalize Photosmart c4580 printer

Regionalize Photosmart c4580 printer

My job takes me to move. I bought an HP Photosmart c4580 printer to Singapore and then moved to Australia. I wanted to renew my ink cartridges and have trusted the HP and technical assistance. It cost me 80 aus $ , the price of 3 rounds for nothing because the software does not " regionalize "the printer. HP I strolled over two months to finally reject any assistance or reimbursement. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Regionalize Photosmart c4580 printer

I knew that the DVD market has been " zoned " throughout the world. But for ink cartridges , this is the first time I read that the market has been " zoned "as well. The only reason in my humble opinion, is that HP can not sell at the same price ink cartridges in a developed country than in a developing country . Simply by the fact that in the latter country, this price is equivalent to one or several months' salary and trade policy with such emerging markets would escape from PT or sale of products made - cons would have the same effect . In this way HP avoids traffic between these different areas.

I have not made much progress but I see that this problem is redundant for all HP printers. Indeed, the firm ensures that its products have a limited use by area of use. Although this practice is regularly condemned by consumer groups practices continue . In short, here is what I read on this same forum and elsewhere : First you need to print a report that it is necessary to provide:
    - To support in the printer , press * and # for " Mfg. Commands " . Click OK
    - It gets " Enter special key combo , enter " 123 "
    - Find the right arrow with the menu " Special Reports ". Click OK
    - Find the right arrow with the menu " Print Cartridges . Click OK
    - A page will print, it should be noted lines 11, 21, 25 , 52 , 62 and send to HP .

We see that the support does not hesitate to pay for these manipulations to communicate even if the failure would be for a lack of HP . In seeking a solution to my problem because I see that many users had not changed country - and therefore area - and he had the same cartridge that overnight did not work more as suddenly being increasingly recognized because of the malfunctioning of the chip. I hope someone can fill in the information to get out of this problem area caused by the bullet of the printer :
    In my case :
    HPPhotosmart Series 2700 Series
    11 . <bip>
    21. PG = 810
    25. RX = 03, 050 , 0000
    52. ID = 0080 - 0C0A - 22xx -
    62 . ID = 00FF - FFF3 - 31xx -
    We must add that:
    16. PX = 4 < - is the area of the printer
    53 . PX = 4 < - the cartridge is left of the printer at home is the color cartridge
    63. PX = 6 < - is the right cartridge for your printer , my home is the black cartridge
    If this information is accurate we can indeed see that the code of the right cartridge does not match those of the printer and the color cartridge . It would then be able to try to get the 63. PX in "4 " . Probably the solution.

You can check with HP E-mail Support, Consult our experts by putting your questions and comments in an e-mail
    » Technical support by email after purchase
    » Questions sent by email before buying
    You can also Call support, Talk to someone now who can guide you to solutions you need .
    » Technical assistance by telephone after the purchase.

In fact, you can not only print at a speed far superior to the conventional printers , but also you will be dazzled by the quality of printing . Though a default: as all laser printers , the Hewlett Packard LaserJet 1100 out of the pages in black and white (it should know that to buy a color laser printer , you need to find a specialty store and pay about 30 to 40,000 francs ... ) . To learn more about the HP 1100, here are some specs for you more about the quality of the printer: 8 pages , 600 DPI, A4 size paper , windows and back.