Thread: Acer Timeline 5820TG issues

Acer Timeline 5820TG issues

I have just received my 5820 TG with the configuration described below 1 week ago : Intel Core i5-430M | ATI 5650 | 4 GB RAM | HDD 500 GB 5400 rpm

I performed the installation of Windows 7 Professional (not the OEM W7 Home Premium and it ships with), and the entire drivers from the Acer support , but running with the following problems:

1. Left speaker static noise
    2. CPU fan running at 100%
    3. Blank screen after lid close : After closing down the lid, the display remains blank, even after the power scheme indicates never to power off the screen.

Re: Acer Timeline 5820TG issues

For such type of problems you should go in this way :

1) Go for different drivers that maybe recently released Realtek driver for other latest one Acer Models ?
    2)Try configuring passive cooling within the Windows Advance Power Management
    3) As about the third one issue , it is because of Acer Firmware.

I once RE their firmware to find out the status on the entire specified hidden options within the Firmware there was single entry on Discrete Video Adapter S4 wakeup. They mostly disabled the same because they considered that everyone would be on the switchable mode.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Thank you so much for considering on my issues but you know, I have tried to go for the same already, but found that nothing is available for that to fix this . Even with the Windows 7 default HD Audio drivers, I am running with the same speaker problem.

According to the second one sugestion, It confiogured for battery mode, but would not this decrease the frequency within the CPU intensive applications, instead of running with the fan faster ? As well as, I will try to activate the switchable mode and moved back with the results.

Hi guys ! I need some help from you all because I am running with some annoying issues . I have same computer, and i have had the same for about 2 weeks now. The actual rating specified was 6.9 in the game graphics. But suddenly I found that it moved down with the 5.2. And the entire games that I have played last night is getting lagged to run on my system . What I need to do in this case ? Return my computer or not ?