Thread: acer aspire 6920 turning off randomly

acer aspire 6920 turning off randomly

Hi all, I bought acer aspire 6920, It was working fine till now. But now I am getting a serious problem with it. It is now started freezing. Sometimes it turns off randomly without any reason. One of my friend suggested me to perform factory restore and I did the same. But the problem is still not gone. Anyone has any idea about this problem? What should I do? Please help.

Re: acer aspire 6920 turning off randomly

Overheating may be the reason behind this. If your computer get overheated then it will force your system to shut down. You should check your idle temperature on your CPU and GPU. You can use HWmonitor to check this.It is a free software and is easily available on internet and very easy to use.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think there is a problem with your hard drive which is actually causing your system to shut down. Just look for another hard drive if it is available to you to test your computer. Connect it with your computer and see if the problem is solved or not. If you cant get another hard drive then you can download a bootable Linux Live CD or USB and see whether it is shutting down when there is no need of Hard Drive. Then you will get the idea that your HDD is the problem or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I found on internet that one of the guy was having the similar problem and then he disabled the first processor(core) and his laptop stays on. He was having problem with the processor. I am also having the similar issue with my new acer aspire 6920 turning off randomly. How can I disable one of my processor. I would also like to try it. and also tell me is it safe?

Yes, you can disable one processor and see whether the problem is with your processor or not. But first of all you should check if the laptop doesn't work in safe mode. Procedure to disable processor is as follows:

Click on Start > control panel > Hardware and Sound > devices and printer.
    Click on device manager. You will see list of drivers that the laptop has. Go to processor and right click on it, you will see a list and in that list disable will be at the second option. hit that option and it will be done.

I think its a virus attack on your laptop. You should scan your system with antivirus and note that database of your antivirus is not outdated. It should be updated. Clean or remove the infected files if no more needed. check for the issue again and if it happens again then you can go for other possible solutions.