Thread: Acer Aspire 5942G display problem

Acer Aspire 5942G display problem

I am suffering with the following display issue with the Acer Aspire 5942G:

When specific colors are getting displayed on the laptop screen, thin diagonal lines (same as waves ) start moving upon the specified color . The effect seems so weired for me and well seen when You look from underneath the display. The same color based onto the color calibration and the Acer Cine Boost Color Engine but always exist ..Do you get the same issue before ?

Re: Acer Aspire 5942G display problem

Hi Triple , I also work with the same notebook that you are running with currently and didn't got such type of issue on the same and some friends of mine also have the same device and they didn't reported this before .Actually,my display has issues of his own.

Sorry that I am unable to help but you might need to take your notebook to your retail store and go for inquiry about the same or send this to Acer service..

My issue started when I initially plugged my Hybrid Monitor over HDMI to notebook, for some causes on my notebook display refresh rate moves just crazy but latest release of 3.10 beta drivers resolved the same.

As according to your issues, try to go for the latest drivers and find the status of voltage of your GPU and see if anything is out of the order. I don't think that any third party programs can perform the same but just to be shure, open up Ati Catalyst and configure the default settings for that .

Back Acer - then it is a serious issue . Surely, it is rleated with the issue of hardware functionlaity , do not hesitate to go for calling with Acer service support becouse there is no other resolution to resolution the same and not to violate your warranty. And please if you do so share with us what did they suggetsed you but I think that the actual issue is not as serious as it seems.

Yesterday, I became a "happy" owner of the AS5942G-434G50Mi notebook. And I have suffered with the same issue also ! When CineBoost is turned as on, there are some sections of the images started blinking. And if CineBoost is configured as off then you need to diagonal waves shows on some colors (right bottom bar on cineboost_test_pattern.png).

I think that the Acer will resolve the same in future, but this is very unpleasant issue , especially for latest one model.