Thread: Satellite L355D-S7901 Won't Boot Up

Satellite L355D-S7901 Won't Boot Up

I think there is somebody can help me. I am running with the Satellite L355D-S7901 that will not boot up when I power this on. I received a message as \windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys file is missing or corrupt.

It suggests me to insert my Operating disk and choose to go for repair.... I have purchased the laptop at Best Buy about 15 months before where as Windows Vista was preloaded. It never provided with any disks at all. My son was online before and playing games.....I don't have any idea that it can be the virus attack ? I am running with an up to date anti-virus...

Re: Satellite L355D-S7901 Won't Boot Up

1. Power on the system on and immediately press and hold the F8 key.
    2. From the Advanced Boot Options menu, select to go for the Repair Your Computer.
    3. When you get the System Recovery Options menu, you need to just select the Startup Repair.

If that is not working for you in this case then you need to just go back to the System Recovery Options menu and perform the System Restore. If that is not resolving the issues either, come back here and describe exactly what happens at each one step in this case.

I moved through the suggestions that you have to stated above ....

When I select the option specified as "repair your computer" from the advanced boot options menu then I received the message .

"Windows has encountered a problem communicating with your computer."
    Such type of error can be occurred and caused by disconnecting a removable storage device like as an external USB drive at the same time when device is busy with some process , or by faulty hardware like a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Just be sure that any removable storage is completely plugged and then reboot your machine .

To check out the efficiency of the hard drive considered what brand of hard drive you are using currently . You can test the Bios/Setup to search out. Move to the official support or manufacturer's web site and download their Self Booting Diagnostic disk ISO image, burn the disk with the help of Burn From Image option and then after boot this and launch the most exhaustive tests available. If you are running with a Toshiba drive then you will have to go for the Hitachi Drive Fitness check as Toshiba does not provide their own.

Thanks for the suggestion and help. My hard disk is Hitachi model# HTS543225L9SA00 , so I finished the downloading procedure and launched the Hitachi Drive Fitness checking . When I launched the advanced testing mechanism then I got the message that one or more sectors were damaged.I was running with the option of formatting the disk or repairing the sectors. When I choose to go for the repair the sectors I ultimately got another message followed :

Drive Information
    Serial number YKG6DA5A

Failure Code: 0X70 - Defective Device
    Test Date: 30-08-2010 (dd-mm-yyyy)
    Technical Result Code (TRC)
    700073CD

Possibly , but you will more than likely have to perform the same by one of two ways entitled .

1- Boot with the Linux Live disk and work with this to take the backup of your entire data onto an external hard drive, USB thumb drive(s), or upon a network location possibly on different system.
    2- Take the drive out of the laptop and plug this with different system through the USB adapter or an external hard drive enclosure to access the required files .

If neither of those options going feasible then you will mostly have to send the same to a data recovery service to have the data recovered, but that can cost over a thousand dollars which is based on the amount of corrupted hard drive.