Thread: Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam turns on and then turns off

Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam turns on and then turns off

I have a problem when I turn on my Chicony USB 2.0 webcam that is integrated in my laptop is a Toshiba U300 running on vista, when I try to start the web cam , it takes me is locked by Another aplications , I close full program but it still does not work , anyone know what is his must be the ? and When I put it on msn puts me. Unable to start the conversation because your camera is in use or not connected . Make sure the camera is available and try again . Sometimes it works sometimes it works is not strange. Please help.

Re: Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam turns on and then turns off

The solution is simple but it must make a choice between Chicony and msn to use my web cam on msn g all just uninstalled Chicony additional problem of " loked by Another Application ". It the important thing to click when you come on msn on "Tools " and then "configure audio / video ". You settle the speakers and microphone , and then the webcam and it works.

You must download the latest driver compatible vista on the manufacturer's site. Once the new driver on your desktop , then right click " run as administrator " . installation starts. choose " Custom installation "rather than " full installation " . uncheck the software " webcam satation evolution " and leave the box checked " pilot " . Of course, the webcam is not connected to the USB plug is pc webcam when the installer will ask you to do so and not before.

If the driver installation went well , reboot the pc then restart the installation software the same way as the first time . This time, it untick "driver "( since we just install it ) and let " software webcam station evolution . Clearly , we install the driver the first time, then the software capture webcam image the 2nd time. If after plugging in the USB driver installation and the installation is progressing well, after 3 minutes then remove and repeat the whole procedure ( to cancel the installation at this stage we go through the Task Manager . ) at the second attempt (even the first install for that matter) it is absolutely necessary to close all applications, including multimedia ( media player , msn , tv , emule , web browser , keep the bare minimum of applications fonctionnemnt for the PC).

The USB ports support the Hot plug and play. Thus, the devices can be connected without switching off the computer. When connecting the device to the host , it detects the addition of the new element by changing the tension between the son D + and D - . At this time , the computer sends a reset signal to the device for 10 ms , then it provides power through the son GND and VBUS ( up to 100mA ). The device is then powered by electricity and recover temporarily the default address ( address 0) . The next step is to provide a definitive address ( this is the procedure enumeration) . For this, the computer interrogates the devices are wired to know them and assign the new one , which in turn identifies . The host , having all the necessary characteristics is then able to load the appropriate driver.

In my research I have already downloaded it driver and AC did not work. I trust that there is a conflict between my webcam and a USB device but I do not know which. Besides, I reinstalled my systhèm no peripheral outside. But when I try to meter the webcam updated via the workstation, I was offered crystal eye webcam and USB devices. [...] And when I uninstalling the webcam and I restart the pc, it is recognized as the USB device instead of crystal eye webcam.