Thread: Toshiba Satellite A305 S6898 webcam not working

Toshiba Satellite A305 S6898 webcam not working

I have bought a new Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 Laptop before some days and i there is a problem with the webcam of this laptop. I have checked it in the Device Manager but there was nothing relating the webcam. Please help me as i want to use the webcam now. I do not have any other portable webcam so it is bit urgent. Thanks in advance.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A305 S6898 webcam not working

I have a Toshiba A200 that date last week with Vista and the webcam works great in WLM and the microphone. My step daughter used it for two hours yesterday morning without any worries. The only observation I make at the beginning I had disabled a few programs that are launched when Windows starts (including the utility of the webcam) and that they did not want to start. So I reactivated all the programs running on Windows and I have no worries.

I took a ride on the Toshiba website to see updates available for the integrated Chicony webcam I've downloaded, but installation of the driver told me that I a newer version of the driver on my laptop. So I do not have it installed. The next day, I try Messenger, I launch the webcam, and then it works. You may try installing the drivers for your laptop which might solve your problem.

The solution is simple but it must make a choice between Chicony and msn to use my web cam on msn all just uninstalled chicony additional problem of "loked by Another Application". the important thing to click when you come on msn on "Tools" and then "configure audio / video" you settle the speakers and microphone, and then the webcam and it works Yes you lose Chicony damage but we can not have everything.

Wait until Microsoft solves the pb. It should be resolved by an automatic update. the question is "when?". Well that i have no idea but in the meantime, do not hesitate to call others consumer because it is really abused by Microsoft Office a real scandal to market a product not compatible with MSN, however, used by millions of consumers.

I just bought the P200D I have exactly the same problem, it works a blow to 10, character appears "graph render fail" when I go into the software to take photos and it works mostly on msn and not c very stressful, sometimes the blue light comes on, sometimes not possible to display, in short that my soul, I'm starting to regret buying something that works not back, I try various means like coming of stuff in the command prompt, it worked once and after demarage c left, I uninstall, reinstall the driver, has spent the previous vversion, there is nothing lool, the + c odd that very rarely does it work therefore not very logical as c thing.