Thread: Dell Inspiron 1545 hardware problem not fixed

Exclamation Dell Inspiron 1545 hardware problem not fixed

I have a Dell inspiron 1545 laptop.

I have been trying to turn it on and log on, but upon turning on the laptop I get a black screen that announces that Windows has failed to start due to a recent hardware or software change. It gives me the options of launching Startup Repair or launching Windows normally, but when I go through Startup Repair I end up at the Windows splashpage, but cannot go anywhere else. The only addition made to the system was the installation of the program GIMP 2.6.10 a few days ago, but it seemed to not have an effect on performance, and I have not added any hardware.

I did try to reboot the system, but it only leads to System Recovery, which ignores my installation disk and goes right to the logon screen without any other options; the logon screen is totally bare except for the blue background and my cursor. Even the safe mode restart resulted only in the blue stylised Windows 7 screen (blue with white and green tendrils), and restoring the system is not working.

I ran Diagnostics and it turns out my laptop failed the DST Short Test with error code 2000-0142.

I'm worried that something is wrong with the hardware that is making the system startup shoot right to the faulty logon screen; please help!

Re: Dell Inspiron 1545 hardware problem not fixed

The problem you are getting is all because of the hardware changes only. It could be possible that the hardware which you have attached might be not having the compatibility with the Windows or it is not properly attached. I will advise you to chec whether the hardware connected to the PC not having loose connection also install the latest driver for hardware.