Thread: My acer laptop does not recognise dvd drive

My acer laptop does not recognise dvd drive

I have just purchased a new Acer laptop. There seems a problem in my dvd drive, it is not detecting and when i try to boot it provides a problem. Which kind of problem is this, please reply with an answer i am not able to see any movie due to these problem. Any one with the answer please reply quickly.

Re: My acer laptop does not recognise dvd drive

To resolve these problem first remove the device from the device manager and then reinstall the drive or upgrade the device. If then too the problem exists then it is possible that you have to edit the operating system Registry to resolve the issue. But before editing the registry you have to take care of data, copy the data as there are chances of data loss and then go for the registry editing.

There is a problem in the Registry Editor. So, you have to edit your regisrty go to control panel and in the Registry Editor window, in the left pane, double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder. In these folder double click these System folder. Then double click the CurrentSet folder,in that double click Control folder.
    then you should go to class folder,then click to select the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} folder. In the right pane, click to select the UpperFilters registry value.
    On the menu bar, click Edit then click delete.
    In the right pane, click to select the LowerFilters registry value.
    On the menu bar, click Edit.
    In the Edit menu, click Delete.
    In the Confirm Value Delete dialog box, click the Yes button.
    In the Registry Editor window, click the X in the upper right corner to close the window.
    Restart the computer.

It seems that your DVD driver is not install properly. So first install your driver in the appropriate manner. You must have the CD of the DVD driver which was given along with the Acer Laptop. If you don't have it then just login to the Acer's official website and from there you can easily download the required version of the DVD driver.

I have gone through your problem that you have mentioned above, according to me there is something wrong with your DVD-ROM. So first check your DVD-ROM in another Laptop. Also there are chances that the in BIOS the DVD drive has been disabled so go in the BIOS and make the DVD driver enable and your problem will be solved.

The solution given by you has worked for me. There was a problem in my Registry and when I have edited my Registry by using the steps provided by you and restarted my laptop then it started to show the DVD drive. The drive was working properly and I was able to watch all my movies. Thank you friends for your constant help and support. Any suggestions about my Laptop are welcome.

Your issue of the driver not showing in the laptop can be easily solved by DVD driver CD which you must have with your laptop. If it is not available then go to the official website of the Acer and download the required software for the driver and install it. Wait for two to three minutes and then restart you’re Laptop, the drive will work properly. I have tried it and it has worked for me.