Thread: Portable Applications - All you need is a USB.

Portable Applications - All you need is a USB.

Hello friends
    I am new in computer world and I have heard about portable application. I want to know the difference between portable application and normal application? Why it is said that Portable application is all about USB. Please share some ideas you have about portable application with me.

Re: Portable Applications - All you need is a USB.

A Portable application is nothing but a piece of software that you can carry with you in any portable device and can use it on any other computer. A portable application can be a browser, operating system, a calculator etc. The most important part about the portable device is that if you remove the device, none of the data is left behind because there is a thumbdrive which maintains all your data and setting.

As you told that you want to the difference between the portable application and normal application, there is a small difference between these two. We don’t have to install portable application whereas normal application should be installed on your computer before you use it. We cannot carry normal application to other PC’s with data but this is possible in Portable application.

There is a strong relation between portable application and USB. Portable applications are totally depends on USB because we need to have a USB connection in the computer to use the application in the any computer. We cannot use a portable application in the computer not having USB connection.
    Portable GIMP, VLC Media player, Mplayer, Prime95, Memtest86, SuperPI, F@H client, IrfanView are some examples of portable media player. Poratble Microsoft office is also available.