Thread: Motorola Droid : Sort contacts by last name?

Motorola Droid : Sort contacts by last name?

I have a habit to view my mobile phone contacts by last name then first name and i have bought a new phone which is Motorola Droid. I guess it is not possible to have your contact name starting with the last name on Droid. Is there anybody who can tell ma some way by which i can do this?

Re: Motorola Droid : Sort contacts by last name?

Hello, I am certainly not an expert, because the news of my contacts are not listed together, my email addresses have synchronizes via my Gmail, but I got my numbers contacts phone with my sim on my old phone . The problem is that everything is mixed, I have emails to one side and the other Numbers.

Yes they are all together in "people" and that neither you can not do much. But the phone is or c is in the list of contact you shortly via the dialer to call you n to those who have a phone number. No. You are so polluted with full contact mail that serve no purpose. And vice versa in gmail contacts. Please help me as i just do not get it that how do i solve this problem.

When you change the contact card. Click on the Name-Name the top side of the thumbnail. If you slide down (or off the keyboard) you see the information appear "Display Name". By clicking on the menu so you can choose how the contacts appear. It remains manual for each contact (I have not found automatically)

Here i have given you the simple solution which you may use to sort your contacts. Actually you have to inform the field "Company" finally "Organization" here is feasible but at what level you want to show up? in the general list of all your contacts? (Where you currently see the name and surname?) So now may go for changing the name of your contacts or first try checking it by adding the new contact.

There is one more way if you are not able to sort your contacts starting with the last name and then first name. You just need to put last name at the place of first name and vice versa which ultimately shows the contact names as per your choice. But this kind of trick to save the contacts you must be knowing all the time as it might get panic to find out the contact for which you have made a mistake while saving it.