Thread: NOKIA X6 Back-up and Hard Reset

NOKIA X6 Back-up and Hard Reset

Hi, recently i got gifted with the new Nokia X6 Mobile phone. Its really a nice one with great features, i really liked it. It worked fine for about 2 weeks but suddenly started continuous freezing. I removed it battery, simcards and all and left it for 2 hours. Than i inserted everything back and it worked fine for a day but again it started freezing. So, someone suggested me to perform a hard reset on it. I wanted to know is it right thing to perform the hard reset on my phone? If yes, also let me know how backup and perform the hard reset on this phone? This is the first time am using Nokia mobile.

Re: NOKIA X6 Back-up and Hard Reset

Even i think performing the hard reset will fix the freezing problem for your phone for sure. But before that make sure to backup the complete phone as doing hard reset will delete everything of your phone including contacts, videos, images, music, settings, etc..

In order to backup the phone, you will need either Nokia Pc Suite or Ovi Suite. As you are new to Nokia, i will suggest you to do this by making use of Nokia PC Suite as it is simple and user friendly. First download Nokia PC SUite from here and install it on your system. Than connect your mobile via USB cable and click the very first icon on the PC Suite's home page that is for taking backup of your mobile.

Follow the instructions and save the backup anywhere on your pc. If you face any problem during this process, reply here.

In order to perform a hard reset on your Nokia X6 mobile phone, you just need to type in the following code and tap the Green (Dial) button: *#7370#. Once you press the dial button, phone will ask you to enter the security code , i.e. 12345 by default. Be conscious that you will mislay all the data while doing this, hence backup the phone first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan^OS View Post
    I wanted to know is it right thing to perform the hard reset on my phone? If yes, also let me know how backup and perform the hard reset on this phone? This is the first time am using Nokia mobile.
    In case you just need to do the soft reset that you have to enter *#7780# and then press green or Dial key. Now enter the security code. Just the once you finish this, your mobile will be reset to factory settings, you will have all your data still on the phone. Nevertheless it is suggested to create a backup earlier than performing any of the above procedures.

It is also simple to backup the phone with OVI Suite, by doing this you will save your phone backup online as well that you can access from anywhere and at anytime. For doing so, first you will have to create an account with Ovi Suite.

And in order to solve the freezing problem, Performing hard reset is the better option, but i'll suggest you to first do the soft reset. Just try resetting the phone to its factory settings. This will help you not to loose your data. If your problem still persists that go for the hard reset.

There are many problems with Mobile phones that still remain there even after doing the hard reset. This is really annoying if the problem persists again after wasting time on taking backup of 16 GB. So the best option in such condition is to do a software update. It will offer you some new features and much more with sure shot fix of your previous problems. It can be done from the PC Suite itself, by clicking on the icon named as Software Update.

But, as you said your phone is still new, it will be under warranty. So, before doing anything manually, get it done by the Nokia Customer care executive to prevent your Warranty.

Hi Folks,

I know this thread is long dead but I was just reading it because i'd a problem with the X6.

2 things: 1st of all the phone totally lost all signal today, It can't get any network at all either on dual mode, GSM or UMTS. I tried a new SIM card which didn't work and also tried the existing X6 SIM card in another phone and it worked grand then.

Anyone got any ideas what this might be?

I decided to try a backup and hard reset as it was about the only thing without going too extreme that I could think of at that stage. I backed the phone with PC Suite and then carried out the hard reset which worked grand. (However it did not solve the problem)
    But now when I try to restore the phone from the backup it does not import any settings, contacts or anything else.

I hope this is again a phone problem and that all info has not been lost.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Regards

N

Well, for the backup matter, i can say that you should try again to restore the backup on your phone. Many times this problem occurs with many users but in second attempt , it get restored. And for the first part, am too confused. If it is not getting fixed even by hard reset, i would suggest you to go for the Firmware update.

If the cause will be some software than it will get fixed for sure. But if its due to some hardware failure than you will need to get it repaired from repair shop or Nokia Care.

It is hard to say if its Hardware or software, it could very possible be either.

I think the best bet is to bring it to a repair shop and see what they do!

Hopefully the restoring of the backup will also work as there is hundreds of numbers lost otherwise.

Thanks for your help.

N

Hi niallhea,

How did you hard reset the NOKIA X6 mobile phone. I would say instead of hard resetting it, why do you do a firmware update. You just need to download the latest version of the nokia pc suite and have to install it on your pc. After installing it launch the pc suite and click on the nokia software updater and connect your mobile phone in your pc. Just follow the prompts and keep your phone connected till it is updated. After it is done check whether it is giving similar problem or not because if it is so then you have to take it to the nokia care center then I am afraid.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

hey, i made a hard reset on my nokia x6.....nw i restored all my data....bt some pre installed files in my fone r missin nw....like some files named in installed apps for e.g API bridge, QT....n also i cant uninstall themes in my fone....
    plz help...

Its true.. while restoring data after format i too find many apps missing from my Nokia mobile. But not the preinstalled applications. There might be some problem from your end while restoring the data. Well, you should try to do a hard reset again and before restoring the data, see if you have the preinstalled apps present there. If not, than API Bridge is not necessary for that particular device and if you facing any problem without it than better do a firmware upgrade. Everything will get fixed.

firmware upgrade is same as software update...???
    well i also cant uninstall themes after the hard reset....shud i go to nokia priority??

Quote Originally Posted by maverixk_varun View Post
    firmware upgrade is same as software update...???
    well i also cant uninstall themes after the hard reset....shud i go to nokia priority??
    Yes, software upgrade is equal to firmware upgrade that rectifies and reverts back the OS of the mobile phone to the latest with some or the other bug fixes as well. So in case if there are any problems relating to software uninstallation or reinstallation, first do a backup of your mobile data to the computer and then do the firmware upgrade and when it is finished, start loading the data again with different software installation that you want.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's