Thread: N85 dropped and not working

N85 dropped and not working

Actually I am using nokia n85. But My sister by mistake she dropped it in the water. Then I make it dry and then switched on but it was not working. After that I show it to 2 to 3 mobile shop but they are saying you have to go for the new one. So I just want to ask that whether it will get solved or not. Please reply soon.

Re: N85 dropped and not working

Some days before I was also facing the same problem. I think this is the worst thing which happen to mobile phone. But my friend told me that if your phone is dropped in water then it can be fixable to some extent. You do one thing you just take your mobile to electronic shop which is near to your area. And tell them I think they people will fix it and then you can use your mobile again. My mobile is now working properly. And I hope this will work.
    Last edited by Carlos16; 24-08-2010 at 03:39 AM.

If your mobile dropped in water then it doesn't mean that your all hope is lost. I just want to share little tricks through which you can save your mobile.First thing is that whenever your mobile is dropped in water quickly remove it from water as soon as it is possible. After that never try to switch it on because it will cause further damage. And in last remove your battery, Memory card, Sim card as soon as it is possible. And leave it for 2 to 3 days and then switch it on i think it will surely help you a lot.

I dropped my mobile in water then I did the same thing which you posted in your comment like I had removed my battery, sim card, memory card as quickly as it was possible. But in the last result was my mobile is not working then I show it in electronic shop. But they people also didn't make it fix up. In the end I bought new Mobile. Now I will take care about it.

Where is your mobile dropped. I mean if it is dropped in fresh water then quickly make it dry by a towel. And if it is dropped in a salty water then rinse it thoroughly with fresh water because salt can make internal damage. And if it is dropped in muddy water then also rinse it with fresh water. And remove all it's accessories and cover it by a plastic then place it on warm place and then leave it for a one or two week then all water which is enters in mobile will readily get vaporized. And then switch it on it will work.

I want to tell you a unique solution. When your mobile get dropped in water then make it dry. And remove their important accessories then take a cup of rice and place your mobile in that. You will think that I am joking but really friends when you place your mobile in a cup of rice then it will soak all it's wetness. Rice being a natural desiccant it will absorb it excess moisture. And within a 1 to 2 days switch it on it will 80% work. Before that don't try to recharge it.

Same thing was happen to me in that my n85 mobile fell into water, then I quickly removed it from water as soon as it was possible. I removed my battery, simcard, memory card and put in the sun light for 1 week for 1 hour daily. And after doing all that I switched it on. It's LED's were on till i pressed it but when I released pressure it get off. I changed my battery and put a new one then i start it the typical sound of nokia came but display was not working so i show it in a electronic shop then change display which was around 2500/- Now it is working properly.