Thread: Aria HTC Sync with Outlook - Issues Syncing with Calendar Items

Aria HTC Sync with Outlook - Issues Syncing with Calendar Items

I have been getting unable to properly sync my Outlook 2003 calendar items through the HTC Sync v2.038 with my Aria. Contacts displayed over within the first minute of the syncing procedure . Hours later, 0 calendar items have been detected or synched and Sync Manager states as "Preparing Data from PC"..

Any suggestion regarding the procedure or any fix to get this thing to start synching calendar items again ?Help would be appreciated ...

Re: Aria HTC Sync with Outlook - Issues Syncing with Calendar Items

I am going in the same way and getting similar difficulties also , this is what I have done to get rid with the issues :

- When I first received the phone, I have done the installation of HTC sync and did my initial syncing . It found entire contacts and synched them. It found all calendar items and was synching them. After a long time , it was still making progress but was not finished to do .
    - On another sync nothing going to sync.
    - Used to go for the repair sync option...
    - I have done the uninstallation of sync, reinstalled the sync, I have tried the regular and repair syncs (same result getting as two before bullet points).
    - Performed a hard reconfguration on my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the sync.

Are you working with the exchange ? You are able to perform an over the air sync with the help of built in calendar application through the Exchange Active Sync.There is some other option would be to have the Google Calendar Sync for Outlook and sync your Outlook Calendar through the Google. Then your entire newly generated events on your computer system or Aria would be in sync over the air. In short, I would suggest and over-the-air solution as opposed to working with the HTC Sync. It is quick , simple and so seamless. Let me be sure if it can be helpful for you .

Thank you very much for the suggestions . I should have been sure in my main post and I have stated there as I am not working with the Exchange server - just syncing with my local Outlook directories through the USB / HTC Sync. I would rather not perform an OTA solution for different causes - 1) It is an advance step (Outlook=>GoogleCal=>Phone), 2) It consumes into my data procedure, 3) HTC Sync should go as the advertised ??

In response:

1) I don't like to go for extra steps as well

2)according to me, I am so spoiled with the unlimited plan

3) Come up with that one up with HTC;-)

4)Agreed

So my another suggestion would be to ditch HTC Sync properly and try one of the entitled below :
    1. Android-Sync: http://www.android-sync.com/ (Free, simple. Seems as your best bet in this case)

Let me be sure about the status if this is working for you. I just consodered the same, perhaps you are running with the calendar sync box configured as "Off", it assumes as obvious, but you never know.