Thread: N97 mini firmware upgrade

N97 mini firmware upgrade

I am unable to download any update for my Nokia N97 mobile although I can see there are 2 updates available on the website. I tried using NSU PC update tool and also with the mobile directly but nothing helped. Both of them says that there is no update available for my mobile. How should I update then? I am damn sure my mobile doesn't consists of any of the 2 updates that I was seeing on the site.

Re: N97 mini firmware upgrade

You may not be able to download the update because it is not available for your region. Nokia might not have released that version for your area or country. Just wait for few days and do keep the track of when it will be announced for your place. Generally don't launch all the software for all the country at a time.

Even I was not able to upgrade to the latest version which was available on the Nokia website which was 11.0.045 for my Nokia N97 mini. I tried upgrading from Nokia's new OVI map but it says my mobile is uptodate. I then tried *#0000# followed by Options > Check for Updates. However it gives me "Server not found" message. I thought that was network settings issues and so I followed Nokia's instructions for installing a new server profile but the mobile rejected the new settings.

You confused me a lot. I will repeat my words like my current firmware is 10.0.020 but on Nokia's website the latest firmware for my mobile is 11.0.045. If you are so sure that the mobile firmware will not be available for my country/location then how will I come to know about the same. Where can I check whether the firmware is available for me or there is some other problem? Can you provide me some help in this matter?

Basically the company has released the firmware updates and it has been sent to the network providers. The network providers, later on, customizes the firmware and then publishes for the local people. So may be your network provider have not published the customized version and so it is not available for you. Just contact your network provider asking for the same.