Thread: External Hard Drive Error - Code 43

External Hard Drive Error - Code 43

I am trying to connect my external hard drive to my system and while installing I am getting error code 43 on the system. Unfortunately, it happens to have bad experience when you browse external hard drive and you face such issue. My SSD is not new but still I need a external support for backup. I have a 300GB drive which is giving this issue on my system. How to fix this out.

Re: External Hard Drive Error - Code 43

The drive is actually accessible without problems. The message is not due to a permissions problem. It is more likely due to the file system. It has a file table that lists these, and on the other hand there are the data themselves which are written in clusters. Errors or inaccessible folders are due to those files which the system cannot read. But on the other hand the data is in the system.

Yes it is possible to fix the same without loosing your data. Windows offer a command line utility called chkdsk where you can try to repair this kind of error. For that you will need to run command prompt. In this command prompt that opens, you type the command chkdsk / FX: where X: represents the drive letter. Hit enter and it will scan the system. You can see lot of errors on the disk and then the / F option allows chkdsk to repair them automatically.

However the software does not work so well in all cases. I have not got so much success in that. In my case when I try again to open my folder apps, I still get the same error. The clear method to fix this is formatting your hard drive. If you want to keep your data before formatting the disk then you can try to recover them with software lie Easy datarecovery or R-Studio. They are free tools.

I got the same error and I had reformatted the same with NTFS file system. The quick format option is useful when your hard drive works fine but you want to delete it completely for various reasons, then do not choose the quick format option. It will wipe out everything and fix bad sectors also on your drive. If you have Windows 7 then readyboost technology gives you a much better performance.

I put this message because I have a small problem. I just bought an external hard drive 300 GB maxtor diamond max and it is not recognized on my pc desktop and my laptop. I saw the need to update the bios of my motherboard. My motherboard is Asus A7V8X-X. I had downloaded and did the same. Luckily the hard drive started working with good transfer rate.

Updating your drivers for the external hard drive may fix the issue out. You can do that via Device Manager. There you can see the hard drive listed and you just need to right click on the same. You can choose the option of update drivers and then follow the wizard. Mainly windows search for the most appropriate drive online and update the same automatically. The other way is downloading updates from official site of the hard drive.