Thread: Reimporting pictures/videos from memory cards on Win 7

Reimporting pictures/videos from memory cards on Win 7

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my desktop as there was Windows Vista earlier. I am using Win 7's default "Import Picture and Videos" which pop ups when i connect my Memory Card to this system. Some time uploaded pictures gets deleted so i tried to reimport those pictures but Winows 7 import says that there are no new files and does not allow import. This was not a problem in Vista.

Re: Reimporting pictures/videos from memory cards on Win 7

Once you have connected your memory card then windows 7 pop ups which is in fact a Autoplay feature of windows operating system which detects data from the memory card and offers your an actions that can be performed according to the data. So if there would be any new pictures or videos then you would be getting an options to explore them, play them, view them etc. I suggest you to remove your memory card and then insert it again.

I have an idea by which your windows 7 system would be detecting the new pictures in your memory card and hence you would be getting the same pop up which you had while importing the pictures for the first time. You just have to put any 1 image in your memory card so that your windows 7 system can detect a new picture in your memory card after opening which you would be able to see all other older pictures as well.

For autoplay feature running again on your windows 7 system you have to go to the My Computer where you must be having your Memory Card detected as an external device. So i suggest you to right click on the name of your memory card and then click on an Autoplay which will give you the pop ups which comes on the screen when you connect your memory card to the system.

You can even change the setting of your windows operating system regarding importing pictures and videos from external devices in which memory card has been used. This settings includes that how those pictures and videos should be names when you import them on your hard disk. You can even use the software which helps you to manipulate the data from the device to the pc. If you are connecting your camera then there would be CD given to your which helps you to transfer the data from camera to the pc.

Using Importing function for getting the pictures and videos form the memory card is not so necessary as you can do it manually as well one your memory card have got detected by your computer system. I suggest you to open My Computer and then Explore your Memory card by right clicking on it. Then all the content of your memory card gets displayed. So you just have to copy and paste it on your hard disk.

It might happen that the device on which you are using the memory card would be naming the images all the time as same like img0001, img0002 and so on...and you cut-paste the same images on your hard disk so next time you would be pasting the different images with the same names which in fact replaces your older images with the new one. Means you have lost older images which cannot be recollected.