Thread: Offline Navigation Softwares For Android

Offline Navigation Softwares For Android

Hi guys ! I am searching for a navigation software for the Android platform and have some requirements as follows :

1- Offline maps. The maps should be saved on the device/memory card so there is no any Internet-connection is needed

2- There should be some method to communicate with the application "through code"; transferring route requests,alter notification of current location perhaps, bringing application to foreground/background, etc.

3- There should not be any monthly charges..

Re: Offline Navigation Softwares For Android

An API will be complex to obtain,probably due to data access facilities. For instance , part of the reason Google Maps for Android contains a long list of its API restrictions is because Google does not own entire data required to create their maps and go for their navigation. They license some of that data, and they are running with the live with those license terms .

The proper answer long-term can be something made off of OpenStreetMap, since that is crowd-sourced and effective and newly invented Commons-licensed. However, according to me, they have a fix that covers your needs at current situation, at least on Android.

Thank you very much for such a wonderful and also helpful information . I will have to go for the trial to fix such type of problem with Sygic it assumes . They do have an API and an application which seems compatible on Android so something could perhaps be feasible out. It's so worst Tomtom didnt make their application available on Android, it works as a charm on WM..

Fine, So we all android people were rejoicing the method of the google navigation , until google make some changes into the google maps to 3.3 last nite and banned the patches which we were implementing to work with the google navigation for non USA dependent android phones

For users requiring /who requested me an offline navigation system I got two from them :
    1- sygic
    2- ndrive