Thread: Qosmio X500-02G Constantly locks up when connected to the internet

Qosmio X500-02G Constantly locks up when connected to the internet

I am using a Qosmio X500-02G which gets locked whenever it is connected to the internet. When the router is not turned off it is possible to use the laptop for long hours but when i go online it gives only about 30 minutes to an hour and before it locks up. Any one has this similar kind of error ever before can help me.

Re: Qosmio X500-02G Constantly locks up when connected to the internet

Here first of all i would like to know what do you mean by Qosmio X500-02G Constantly locks up if not wrong i think that you want to say that it freezes or hangs after sometime when you use internet or whenever you go online. As far as i know i would suggest you to check the internet connection which might be the problem in this case.

Thanks for replying yeah you are absolutely correct i meant to say that my laptop freezes after sometime when i connect to the internet. Also i have checked the internet connection with my desktop it runs absolutely fine when i use it with my desktop i think that there is some think wrong with my laptop itself.

Your laptop is infected with a computer virus and hence if possible try to scan the laptop as soon as possible. The freezing or the locking up is because of the virus only and hence i would suggest you to install the Microsoft Security Essential Antivirus on your system since this will help you to get rid of this problem.

Most of the time, blocking problems are due to defective RAM sticks. The memory modules NoName (unbranded) have especially small defects that can prevent proper functioning of the PC. So We must test the memory with some online application for testing the functionality of RAM. The results of Memtest are easy to analyze: If your start screen retains the same table after at least one complete pass, we can estimate that the memory is in working condition. If lines were added, your memory is faulty.

It can also be because of some hardware conflict. You must restart the PC with a minimum of devices. Disconnect CD players, recorders, Internet connection (modem), printers, hard drives complementary, etc.. Retry until the PC will reboot more. Where do more reboots, reconnect the devices one by one to meet the problem again.

Check the CPU temperature and / or the graphics card and, if it is too high, install a more powerful fan. To know the temperature of the processor or video card, simply use a utility that comes with some motherboards,It is also possible to lower the temperature, lowering the voltage of the processor by the BIOS. Warning! This manipulation is only for experts! It can cause system instability, which would be the opposite of the desired effect.

It is necessary to remember when was the problem and what software or drivers that were installed before the beginning of trouble. Then, remove the software or update the driver responsible. If this is the reason then you can resolve this simply by performing a system restore.