Thread: Macbook electric shock

Macbook electric shock

I am encountering a weird Macbook electric shock situation and I need someone to assist me with the same. Sometimes, I get a shock near the mousepad and sometimes, near the DVD drive. I do not get this issue everytime. It happens randomly. Because of this, I do not know why this is happening. Has anyone experienced the same? Please share all your comments on this situation.

Re: Macbook electric shock

I dont think that the Macbook electric shock is a genuine situation being faced by you. I am having an HP desktop, that is running the Windows 7 operating system. Well, sometimes, I too get small amount of shocks near the USB drive and also, while inserting USBs, that are made of metals. Anyways, I do not know the cause for it, but just as you, I know that it happens randomly.

In the case of a desktop, an electric shock can occur if there is no earthing at the particular place where you have connected the computer. So, enabling an earthing environment will eradicate the situation that you are facing.

In the case of the laptop too, I guess it is the same. I suppose that you may be getting the Macbook electric shock only when you connect the computer for charging. Just confirm the same and let me know if that is not the case.

There is a possibility that the Macbook electric shock is just being caused out of a coincidence of wet floor or hands and so on. If the problem is persisting, then you need to contact the officials or the dealer and mention him about this problem that you are encountering. A better solution is to take the system to the Apple store. As they know the settings of their products, I am sure that they will also be able to fix this problem.

According to me, the Macbook electric shock is a common problem that most of the lappy users face. This happens most of the times in particular seasons like winter or rainy. At such times, the humidity in the air is more, as compared to summer. This is because people use heaters to keep the house warm. So, a contact of the system with a metal device can lead to such shock.

To avoid such static problems as the Macbook electric shock, a common solution has to be used. Simply wear slippers while using the laptops. I have experienced the same electric shock in my Dell Laptop. I did not mind much about this, but when I tested it, I found out that little amount of current is flowing through the external part of the system.

I was worried because I thought that the weird situation regarding the Macbook electric shock was being encountered by me only. It is good to know that many of the users are facing this issue. It is true that I did not get such a problem during the summer. Anyways, thanks for all the probable information on this situation.