Thread: Blackberry Twitter location

Blackberry Twitter location

Hi guys ! I am running with some confusion here and not getting any replied after searching a lot on the internet. So, I have posted the question here to get some help from you all. I have been working with the Blackberry Twitter application and figured out that on my profile which the map display my location off the coast of Kenya instead of South Carolina. Google maps and GPS goes very well. Why uit is going on like this,.Can it be resolved ?

Re: Blackberry Twitter location

If your twitter application is showing you the wrong information about the location of yours. There is no doubt at all that you have to go for the modification of the profile if you have any tools to make it correct .

There is another option that you have to make it clear from your application directory and you should just remove it from the device and select a new one twitter client application from you that can be supported to run properly on your device.

That's right. I also thinking that you are suffering from this and your location getting changed automatically and you have to make it correct your own self. I would suggest you to go form RIM, which is recently associated with a new geolocation property to its Locate Service toolkit, that will allow the BlackBerry developers to work with the cellular tower data when grabbing destination data for their application. This will ultimately activates the application to work with the cellular towers to manage the proper location if a user is in an area without GPS coverage.

The Locate Service can be implemented with the BlackBerry Maps to bind in points of interest with the Maps application , or to display a map area as it associates with the user’s destination . Once again, while different mapping APIs have provided some same functionalities, what is interesting about this method is that it is a native section of the BlackBerry developer API which makes having it into applications less hard to understand and independent from the third-party service.