Thread: Stolen Blackberry Pearl Flip - Can PIN# be utilised to find it

Stolen Blackberry Pearl Flip - Can PIN# be utilised to find it

I guess this query goes for any BlackBerry. My friend live in Panama city Panama he bold was stolen five days subsequent to he got it. Not assure supplier is Cable and Wireless of Panama. I was wondering if there is several method to track the stolen BlackBerry once it goes live and the thief start using messaging text email etc. It was almost certainly white collar thief occur at the same time as he was giving some discussion job related. Panama is diminutive country and merely cable and wireless and movistar are the providers additional than the PIN is exclusive for every BlackBerry just wondering.

Re: Stolen Blackberry Pearl Flip - Can PIN# be utilised to find it

If he reports it stolen, the carrier determines to put out of action it and the thief would not be capable to utilize it. If he does not, he determine to be getting the bill for his usage. He is supposed to report it stolen instantaneously. The PIN be able to merely be blocked by RIM, the carrier be able to refuse to activate it on their own network. On the other hand several unlocked apparatus is able to be used on additional networks (GSM that is) was not there an app that tracks where you have been to.

Yes he reported and the police work is the entire completed. My query is additional of a Richard the detective (the site obstruct mr tracy nickname)Tracy type. PIN is exceptional numbers. I was wondering if there is a method that using the PIN once the phone goes life several text, email etc determine to have to go from side to side Rim and then the provider . If there is several methods via Rim to locate where the phone is situated geographically.

That be supposed to be probable. Additional than not to be mean or anything additional than imagine the hundreds of people claiming their blackberry lost or stolen. I do not imagine they determine to go out of their method presently to track each and everyone's blackberry. Perhaps if your special sufficient then perhaps they would fund and search your stolen blackberry. The entire in all, I do not imagine they care if it gets stolen. Besides if you imagine regarding it, what would you do if you were the proprietor of the company. Would you search for your customer's phone or would you rather leave it and let him/her purchase an additional one. Which one would create additional revenue.

Even if they tracked it - it's additional than probable that the person who stole it sold it to some unsuspicious individual who has no clue it was stolen. Certain, additional than if you are quick then you be able to tenuously wipe the phone or lock it. And by means of Roblock, lock it and create it sound off similar to a patrol car siren disconcerting for somebody walking down the street by means of it. I have read this complete thread, and I presently lost my 8900 at Sobeys yesterday, essentially it seems there’s nothing you be able to do additional than anticipate the person who "found" it decides to give it back or turn it in to a Rogers store or something. Additional than has anybody figured out if that Google friends tracking app runs on blackberry. For the reason that that would be great you lose your phone or its stolen have comprise your friend track it for you then immediately run up by means of five mans on whoever’s got it.

If you would install smart guard, then yes probably. Additional than you would have comprise to wipe/track approximately instantaneously subsequent to the phone was stolen. Most excellent bet is to get insurance for your phone. If the battery is eliminated or the phone is wiped (and containing third party apps) smart guard and Roblock are useless For the phone to be useable the battery would have comprise to be replaced at some stage and as long as Roblock is used promptly determine to it not create it complicated for the phone to be wiped – determine to it not facilitate the owner to wipe it if he wishes or to activate lock & siren.

The wipe is not the tribulations, as it be supposed to be password prevented anyway. On one occasion the app is eliminated there is no tracking, no method to get it back. Additional than as in home security, lock doors & windows and set the alarm and it makes things additional complicated for a thief superior than immediately relying on insurance. BIS stands for Blackberry Internet Service. And to make sure the PIN the entire you necessitate to do is go to options--->Status and your PIN be supposed to be on there.