Thread: Macbook Battery charger is scorching

Macbook Battery charger is scorching

Its been 2 week that i have bought a new Apple Macbook and last day when i putted to charge it, I realized that the charger was scorching. It is nothing like that it was bit hot, but it wad really making my hand burning if i would have hold it for more then 5 seconds. Is it normal or there would be some problem with it?

Re: Macbook Battery charger is scorching

I have seen the same problem on my macbook battery charger since i have updated my battery update. As there would be some problem with an updates due to which this kind of problem are coming regarding the battery of your macbook. I think you should give your battery a bit relax once you have charged your macbook. At least do not use it for 2 days. Then try to use it and check that the same problem is there or not.

Your laptop's battery charger gets hotter when you use it for an extra time which means that you have using the battery charger to charge up the battery which is all ready charged. So the power keeps on coming to the charger but there is no need to get power from the charger to the battery so all the power forces to the charger and makes it Hotter. You should never overcharge your battery which makes damage to the battery as well as charger.

There could be a problem with the battery charger itself which makes it hot much earlier then it should be. I think you should give a check to your battery charger who will be knowing if there would be anything wrong with the cells of battery charger. Check that the battery charger is under warranty or not, If there would be any problem with an internal things of charger then you should gets a replacement from the manufacturer.

It might happen that the power supply at the plug from where you are charging the battery of your laptop would be providing the fluctuating power which could be the main reason for making your charger burning hot. Actually when power passes with more amount then the needed then it is but obvious that the device will get hot and it might get burnt. I suggest you to use the same charger on some other socket.

I recommend you to check that how much time your battery charger takes to charge up the battery. Actually if it is taking much time then there is some problem with the cells of your charger which gets weak by some reason. I think you should give a check from the battery shop. If your charger charged the battery faster then it could also be the reason for making it hot.

I think you should check that is there any kind of slight current passing through your macbook as there could be the missing earthing behind this problem. As if there would be any kind of earthing problem in your house then you must get it as it might damage your electronic devices and sometime you as well. And due to this your battery charger would be getting an extra power then what is needed, So it is gonna make it hotter while charging.