Thread: Can iPad use new iPhone 4 Micro Sim

Can iPad use new iPhone 4 Micro Sim

Recently purchased the new apple iPhone 4 which came along with a simcard and i wanted to know whether my iPad can use new iPhone 4 Micro Sim or not. I tried to use the sim card with the ipad but to my surprise i found that the sim card present in the iphone 4 is much more smaller than the ipad sim card. Can any one tell me resolve this problem.

Re: Can iPad use new iPhone 4 Micro Sim

With the arrival of the iPad, Apple highlighted the new format of SIM cards, smaller, by integrating its 3G model. The space savings are significant (40%), there are all logically a micro-SIM in the bowels of the new iPhone 4. You can simply use the iPhone 4 sim card on the ipad but for this you need to cut it according to the size of the ipad slot.

One of the surprises from apple is unquestionably the new SIM card format that will use the iPad. Instead of conventional SIM cards, called SIM Mini, the iPad will use a new version called Micro SIM (3FF). But what do they have different these new SIM cards. I don't think that you can use this card simultaneously with both the iPhone and iPad.

As far as i know the SIM card of the first generation were very large, is 8.5 cm x 5.4 cm. Fortunately, for the phones today, their size has decreased considerably and is now 2.5 cm x 1.5 cm - just enough "great" to be difficult to handle. The new format pushes even further miniaturization in reducing the size 1.5 cm x 1.2cm. In short, it's like removing the unnecessary plastic on each side of the chip. If you are confident that you can cut it precisely you can use it on both the device.

You will most certainly understand the comparison, it may be possible to use the sound card 4 on its iPhone subscription iPad (like the hackers who have cut their card ) by inverting it according to its use. It would just have with you the little needle that brings out the location map. it will probably be possible to have two SIM cards microwave for the same number (card twin), and it would benefit a single package datas.

I will suggest you not to use the Iphone microsim card on your iPad because the apple iPad which you might be using will not support the micros sim card since the normal simcard as well as the Microsim card are different technically. Hope that this will help you to get rid of this error.