Thread: Error on MacBook "Bluetooth: Not Available"

Error on MacBook "Bluetooth: Not Available"

I have bought my Macbook may be 7 months ago and i guess there is some problem regarding the bluetooth on this macbook. Yesterday i saw Bluetooth symbol on Menu bar so i clicked on it then i got an error as "Bluetooth: Not Available". What could be the problem over here and how do i solve it. Is there anybody who has similar error on their macbook?

Re: Error on MacBook "Bluetooth: Not Available"

I have seen this kind of errors on my macbook when i click on the bluetooth logo but i guess there is nothing wrong in it. Actually i do not know that where exactly a problem could be but i have solved this problem many time. Solution to this is to simple reboot your macbook. Once you reboot your macbook then there should not be any such error coming back again.

I was so happy that the rebooting the machine have solved this problem and there was not such errors coming on my macbook anymore but suddenly it came back again. Though it did not came when i rebooted it but may be on third or fourth reboot the same error appears. I do not know how do i solve this problem and what is the problem with my macbook's bluetooth.

I guess there must not be any problematic with your macbook's bluetooth device as it is not possible that any hardware gets problem within just one year. Anyway, I think you should reinstall an operating system on your macbook which would be having some problem with the bluetooth drivers due to which your bluetooth is not active.

It might also happen that there would be really something wrong with the bluetooth on your macbook. As it has not been more then one year to your macbook, It would be under warranty period, So you must use this warranty to solve this problem as if there would be a problem with the bluetooth device in your macbook then you will get that particular device replaced.

1. Click on the Finder in dock and then click on the Home.
    2. Open Library and then open Preferences.
    3. There would be one file called as com.apple.Bluetooth.plist which you have to delete.
    4. Now switch off your machine and detach all USB and Firewire devices and main power plug as well.
    5. Remove battery and then keep pressed power button for some time.
    6. Now put all the things at their places and start your system.

It might happen that the bluetooth device provided on your macbook have gt loose connection with the motherboard due to which that bluetooth device is not detected by the motherboard and hence you are getting an error message as bluetooth device not available. I suggest you to give check to your macbook from an engineer.