Thread: blackberry internet service incoming port :26

blackberry internet service incoming port :26

I ma getting some difficulties in the configuration of the account and port arrangement . Have you any idea about this .. Can I configure up my Email account with the use of port : 26 and I am unable to get the Email, but while I working with the port 25 then ıt is going fine . I am able to send but I am unable to get all these things ?

Type : pop account.

Or do you have ports list compatible with the blackberry internet service.Please suggest me some needful ..

Re: blackberry internet service incoming port :26

When configuring up the personal email account the work with the ports what you required to be considered by the party which is hosting your email service, not the BIS. When you are going for the port 25, this is a SMTP port that is a standard sending port identification . This port number would not be implemented to get the standard port number to get the email is 110 for POP3, moreover this requires to be confirmed by your email provider, in order to the server address. It may be the same or little bit different . I hope, this would be helpful for you ..

Well, I wanted to say so sorry for this one because it is just my mistake.. I wanted to ask one more thing like - Can I go for the 26 smtp port for blackberry phone . I know that the blackberry configuration auto standard smtp port and we always write only the incoming server for pop enabled account but it is unable to find or get 26 port and it always use 25. Please show me some way !!!

Actually, the Port 25 is implemented and reserved for only sending the emails. POP is based on the activity of port 110 for getting the notification and Email messages . The BlackBerry Internet Services works with the incoming POP or IMAP ports to access your email notifications . At the time of sending emails from the BlackBerry, we interacts with the reserved SMTP server so we don't have to go for your SMTP to dispatch the email.

The acceptation to it is when you integrate with the involvement of Outlook Web Access, in which scenario, your mail server is implemented in this case to dispatch the email message.

You can go for your ISP's SMTP gateway. (Just take a looks at your welcome email from when you got registered with your ISP. The appropriate information would be available at that place ). We execute the duplicate mail servers on the port 26 for this very case. You have to just move for the configuration and for this you have to click on the advanced section or port configuration of your mail client and instruct this to work with the port 26 instead.

Thanks
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

I am performing the installation of BlackBerry Enterprise Server and am getting some complexities to implement all these things . Previously , the WLAN OTA Activation step.

I have enabled the check mark as 'Permit wireless activation in your WLAN environment', and configured for the radio button to be 'Explicitly provide SMTP server name and port'. I provided entire information and valid . At the time of my DNS and email configuration , it am unable to made enable the option as 'Use MX Lookup to obtain SMTP server'. I got this as as weired issue thinking that SMTP commonly implements on the port 25. Has somebody else suffered this issue/found a workaround?