Thread: iPad and Airport Extreme connected but no Internet

iPad and Airport Extreme connected but no Internet

I have recently bought the iPad 64 GB and got it home and then connected to the my SpeedTouch 780 through the WiFi. I have done the settings for internet connection perfectly as per my knowledge. But the problem is that I am able to connect to internet. I have done the same thing on my MacBook Pro and it was working fine there but the problem is occurring only with this iPad and Airport Extreme. I want to know why iPad and Airport Extreme connected but no Internet connection.

Re: iPad and Airport Extreme connected but no Internet

I am also facing similar problem. I just bought an iPad with 2 GB integrated airport card. I also bought the terminal and airport express ethernet ADSL modem Thompson Speed Touch 530 (combo Ethernet / USB). My problem is that I cannot connect to internet. But I was able to do that on my MacBook pro the connection is faisaint via a USB modem (Alcatel). Is there any extra setting required for this thing to work?

Try to reset the Airport Extreme and also try to set the factory defaults. I was also having the similar problem with my iPad and it is working now. But there is a difference that it was an open wireless connection. If you have any other wireless device you can try to do same and check that you are getting the similar problem or not. I am not confident about this solution but you can it.

I am having the solution for your problem. You are setting the ip address for your machine from the router and the problem is that Airport Extreme and iPad have the setting for dynamic IP. Hence if you are setting the IP then it is changing automatically. The thing you need to do is to configure your device for static IP and after that do the settings for IP subnet mask and the other related thing. I am sure that you will be able to get the internet connection on your iPad and Airport Extreme.

I have an iMac G5 1.8 20 'and a terminal AP extreme. I just have access to ADSL and extended after two months of galley and travel to France Telecom line, it works finally. I have several concerns for which I cannot find solutions. I created my network I connected my modem Speed Touch Special Extended to the airport terminal and configured for internet access via Airport. It works. Except that this configuration removes my terminal of the Airport Utility administration. More ways to change anything in the settings of the terminal that has become invisible. Why? How to get the hand? Finally, let me share my ADSL internet access on my PC with WiFi pro but it does not work: it sees my network, it connects without problem but does not access the Internet. Any suggestion for this problem?

The terminal serves as a router and allows you to access the net after routing. To administer it, I think we need the machines are on the same network, like 192.168.0.x / 255.255.255.0 Try plugging it directly on your Mac, the time to manually configure a compatible address (and the speedtouch modem).
    For example:
    Point: 192.168.0.1
    Modem: 192.168.0.2
    mac: 192.168.0.3
    pc: 192.168.0.4
    I hope I am clear enough. Basically, you have to have two routers in your network (the speedtouch and the airport terminal) which ditribuent addresses by DHCP. A priori, the speedtouch distributes addresses 192.168.0.x type
    and terminal type addresses 10.0.0.x.

I think you have not clearly understood that I want to convey. Well again I will like to make it clear that. I do not know how to connect the terminal directly to the computer (ethernet?). I do not know how to update my network, or even delete it to recreate a "clean" possibly. I do not know how to disable the DHCP server and with what utility system.