Thread: How to put Blackberry Curve 8530 to automatic keypad lock?

How to put Blackberry Curve 8530 to automatic keypad lock?

I am going through one issue which seems to be the simple but still i am unable to solve the same . I have bought the Blackberry Curve 8530 phone but don't know How to put Blackberry Curve 8530 to automatic keypad lock? i wanted to activate the automatic keypad so that can not make call by mistake. Please help me with the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to put Blackberry Curve 8530 to automatic keypad lock?

Yes this is really simple. You can make the same with the help of some of the step that will make this happen easily. Just Press and hold the MUTE key at the top of edge of the device and thats it you are now safely locked the keypad of your Blackberry Curve device. So do the same and see whether you are successfully able to perform the same or not.

I am having an idea by which you can make the device of yours to behave with the Keyapad lock while pressing the left soft key. For that you have to follow the simple method that will activate the same. Hope you will like it.

• Get into the Option
    • Now select Screen / Keyboard
    • Change to left soft key
    • Save setting
    • You are done.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsleeper View Post
    I am having an idea by which you can make the device of yours to behave with the Keyapad lock while pressing the left soft key. For that you have to follow the simple method that will activate the same. Hope you will like it.

• Get into the Option
    • Now select Screen / Keyboard
    • Change to left soft key
    • Save setting
    • You are done.
    Thanks for the quick response regarding my problem that is How to put Blackberry Curve 8530 to automatic keypad lock? I have followed your steps and now i am successfully locked my keypad and it is working for me. I am happy with the new device of mine.

I am having one issue which is related to the same topic. I know i have to start a new thread but hope that i will get the solution in this thread only. I was using the left softkey option for the locking of the keypad but today i have upgraded to the latest version and soft key is no more functioning with the same. Please let me know how to get it back.

As your device is not giving you the icon then i will advise you to allow the password lock of your Blackberry. To activate the Password lock you have to get into the Option and select the password. Enter the Password and save the same. You will get the password of yours back. So give a try to this and work with your issue.

If nothing is working for you and you are still going through the same problem then let me tell you that it is better to take the help from the Blackberry only. The blackberry is running a Support Forum which provide the help to the user of the Blackberry. So if you can then go through the detail and see whether it is working for you or not,.