Thread: "Device Error 412" on Blackberry Storm 9500

"Device Error 412" on Blackberry Storm 9500

I am using a Vodafone Germany on my blackberry storm 9500 and i am having problem while using the 3G network on this mobile phone. Actually it gets enabled but then it gets off automatically and remains off until I reset my phone. If i shut it down and then reboot then i am getting an error as "Device Error 412". Can somebody tell me what does this error means?

Re: "Device Error 412" on Blackberry Storm 9500

This seems to be the problem with the hardware itself which is needed for getting the wireless 3g network on your Blackberry Storm 9500. As you have recently got this blackberry phone, I suggest you to directly contact with the dealer from where you have bought this phone. If there would be anything with the device itself then you must get replacement by using warranty.

Though i do not know that where could be the problem exactly on your blackberry but i think you should try rebooting your phone directly removing the battery from your phone. Removing the battery would be switching off your phone and then you have to reboot your phone. Now check enabling the 3G on your phone. It might happen that your problem gets solved.

Juggling between the network might solve this problem. I think you should select for 2G network first on your phone and try to use and check that it works properly or not. If it works then switch to the 3G by going to an Options > Mobile Network. But make sure that you are having proper signals in your area.

It might happen that there is neither anything wrong with your phone nor there would be any wrong settings. I think the problem should be from the Vodafone's end. I suggest you to contact with the customer care of Vodafone who must be knowing something about this issue if there would be any kind of problem with the 3G network.

There could be a problem with an operating system on your phone which might be having some kind of bug in coding while keeping your 3G network enabled and hence your 3G gets disabled with displaying the error message. I suggest you to format your system and then reinstall the latest firmware for your Storm 9500. If suppose this problem does not gets solved by reinstalling the firmware as well then it must be some hardware problem.

I think there would be some problem with the device itself as you are getting an error regarding the device. If you still have warranty period then i suggest you to use warranty for repairing the device which is not working properly on your phone. This kind of problem usually comes when your phone's internals comes in contact with the water.