Thread: Mini DVD is stuck in Mac Mini

Mini DVD is stuck in Mac Mini

I was hoping to dual boot the Mac Mini, that I am having with Windows Vista operating system. Also, I have a Mac OS installed already. When the disc got loaded, the immediate message that I received was that This operating system cannot be installed on this computer. I think that I was trying to boot a wrong operating system into a computer that was not designed for. Is this the reason why the Windows Vista Mini DVD is stuck in Mac Mini? It is not possible to eject the disc with any methods available.

Re: Mini DVD is stuck in Mac Mini

All the Windows operating systems are indeed compatible with the MacBooks. I am not able to understand why you got that particular error message. I suppose that it will be better if you take your system to the Apple Store. I am sure that they will take the disc out of the computer. You can also get the reason for why you are getting the message while installing Windows.

There is no need to worry if the Mini DVD is stuck in Mac Mini. I can assure you that even if there is a problem of Mac Mini with the Windows operating systems, it is not the cause for the situation that the Mini DVD is stuck in it. You have just stuck in a coincidence, with the error message and the disc got stuck. Simply titling the Mac Mini and giving a it a slight jerk to the drive will help you to open the same by itself.

The solution provided by Tomaz is quite funny but is assured to eradicate your problem that the Mini DVD is stuck in Mac Mini. I did not have any such issue, but I just tried titling the lappy and the drive opened by itself.

So, I suggest you to try out the same. If your drive is not able to open even with the help of this method, then just let me know about it.

A recommended solution that can help you to fix the issue that the Mini DVD is stuck in Mac Mini is to restart the system. When the system starts, before anything loads, press and hold right-click. You will see that the disc will be ejected on its on. I use the same method when my laptop drive gets stuck up. All the best.