Thread: Mini CD is stuck in the drive of MacBook Pro

Mini CD is stuck in the drive of MacBook Pro

I have recently bought a Mini CD of Adobe Photoshop CS5 and was trying to install the same in my system, that is installed with Mac OS. Actually, the installation did not start and it was too late when I understood that the problem was that the Mini CD is stuck in the drive of MacBook Pro. I am not able to remove the disc by any means that I know. Is there any technique that can be used for removing the disc? Please provide some help as soon as possible.

Re: Mini CD is stuck in the drive of MacBook Pro

I had encountered the same issue as yours that a Mini CD was stuck in the drive of MacBook Pro. Me too was not able to resolve this issue with any methods like restarting, shutting down and booting again. The main problem was that the disc was not being detected. The drive was not ejecting the disc. I was able to listen to the noises that the disc was making. Thus, I came to know that the disc was stuck in my lappy. It is still there and I would appreciate any help on this topic.

As you both have tried all the methods for the disc to get detected as well as to eject the same and you guys are not successful in any of them, I would suggest you to take your system to the Apple Store near your place. Tell them that the the Mini CD is stuck in the drive of MacBook Pro. They have a professional way of dealing with the system. So, your problem can be assured to be fixed by them.

You people must have not inserted the disc properly because of which the Mini CD is stuck in the drive of MacBook Pro. Well, there is a simple solution for this situation. When the system is started, keep the right-mouse button pressed. Make sure that this is done before anything loads into your system. This method will help you to eject the disc in a normal way.

A very funny but successful method to deal with the situation that the Mini CD is stuck in the drive of MacBook Pro is to hold up the laptop little higher and give it a gentle jerk. When you jerk it perfectly to affect the DVD drive, it will open on itself, as the disc is stuck. Thus, your issue will be resolved.

I did the same when this problem happened to my laptop. Just reply here if the same situation persists and the drive does not open with the help of the above method.