Thread: MacBook Pro Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep

MacBook Pro Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep

I think that a weird problem has struck my MacBook Pro Laptop. Well, I am facing a problem with the Sleep mode. Basically, my MacBook Pro Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep. I am not able to understand why this is happening. The issue after getting back from the Sleep mode is only with the screen. All the other components of the lappy such as keyboard, speakers, etc work fine. Please assist me to get rid of this situation.

Re: MacBook Pro Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep

There is no need to worry if the MacBook Pro Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep. This is because this a genuine problem encountered by almost all monitors. It does not depend on what laptop, desktop or operating system that you are using. I am using Windows 7 myself and get such issues many a times. Only a hard restart can fix the problem.

The issue that the MacBook Pro Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep is a result of an internal conflict with some application and the hardware components of the system. You need to find this particular application and get rid of the same. The situation will be eradicated as soon as that application is removed.

According to me, there is some defect with the Power Management Chip, which is indirectly causing the situation that the MacBook Pro Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep. This Chip provides power to the laptop screen. So, it is required that this Chip has to be replaced to fix the unusual problem that you are facing.

I had also encountered a similar problem that the MacBook Pro Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep. It was too late that I found out that the reason for this problem was an application called as "istat pro". As mentioned in one of the posts above, it had a conflict with the screen. I then, uninstalled the same and to my surprise, I never had the screen problems again.

If you are not able to find out what is the reason for the situation that the MacBook Pro Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep, then it is better if you do not play with the settings of the system any more, since you can cause more problems to your computer. Call your computer engineer and let him deal with the issue. As he will be able to look into the problem, the cause of the same can be found out and thus, the perfect solution can also be implemented.