Thread: BBM 5.0.0.33 status is not updating

BBM 5.0.0.33 status is not updating

I have used all the 3 following BlackBerry Messengers on my BlackBerry Storm:
    • The default messenger that came along with the phone.
    • After that, I upgraded to BBM 5.0.
    • Now, to BBM 5.0.0.33.

Well, ever since I have done this new upgradation, I am facing a particular problem, that is the BBM 5.0.0.33 status is not updating. Because of this problem, I have lost all my contacts. Once I had tried adding them into the messenger list, but I keep losing the status updates again and again. Please assist me with all possible suggestions in this case.

Re: BBM 5.0.0.33 status is not updating

According to me, the BBM 5.0.0.33 status is not updating because there may be some bugs in this new messenger. There is a very simple solution to this problem. Simply degrade to the older version of the messenger that you were using. You have mentioned that you did not have any issues with it. So, the status updation will be proper in that older version.

It seems that there has been a problem while you have upgraded to this new BBM 5.0.0.33 because of which the status is not updating. So, I suppose that you must first roll back to the older messenger that you were using. After that, do the upgrade of the BBM again. I hope that this will take care of the situation.

There is a possibility that some error in the operating system is leading to the issue that the BBM 5.0.0.33 status is not updating. Have you tried to restore the contacts back? I have this query because I have a BlackBerry Curve and had a similar problem with the messenger list. After I restored the contacts, everything was working fine.

Try out the same and let me know about it. I wish you all the best!!!!!!!!!!!

Restart the phone and after that check out if the issue that BBM 5.0.0.33 status is not updating has been fixed out or not. Sometimes, such silly problems happen just because of some internal conflict. Many a times, simply restarting the phone eradicates the issue. If the problem pops out again, even after the restart is done, then report about this issue to the officials. They might suggest a proper solution for this situation.

After the technique that has helped me to get rid of the problem that the BBM 5.0.0.33 status is not updating, I feel as if the issue was a funny and silly one. A mere restart eradicated the situation. I was getting worried without any reason in this case. Well, thank you guys for all your assistance. I hope to get the same co-operation in the future too, if I need any information or want to solve any problem that I will be facing.

angry Re: BBM 5.0.0.33 status is not updating

same problem why cant the servers be reliable