Thread: BBM Error (3718)

BBM Error (3718)

The following error is being encountered again and again in my BlackBerry 8900:
    Unchaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app (3718) is not responding; process terminated
    I am not able to understand why am I getting this BBM Error (3718). When I try to open the messages of the BlackBerry Messenger, the entire phone gets locked. Does anyone know why this is happening? If yes, please reply the reason as well as the solution that can be used to get rid of this situation.

Re: BBM Error (3718)

I have heard about the BBM Error (3718) for the first time. Actually, no such problems were reported to be caused by the operating system of BlackBerry till now. Anyways, it will be better if you report about the same to the officials. For this purpose, mail about the situation to them or just post this issue on their official site. I suppose that they can provide you the perfect solution in this case, as they know the entire settings of their product.

Is the warranty of your phone still remaining? If yes, then take it back to the dealer from whom you had purchased the phone. Tell them about the BBM Error (3718) that you are getting and the problem that it is causing. They will take your phone for a fix. An internal problem may have caused this problem. Anyways, your issue will be resolved for free if this is just a software error or may cost you if some component has to be changed.

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions on this BBM Error (3718). Well, I have already posted regarding the particular issue to the officials. I will also send a mail to them about this problem. One of my friends told, that they will seldom reply to any query that is asked. Lets see if they reply back to me. I will let you guys know if I get a solution on this issue.

I have not seen the RIM people responding back to any of the problems that the Blackberry users have reported to them. So, I think that it is a waste of time waiting for their reply. If you are having a support for Blackberry at your place, then it will be better to take your phone there, as you can get a quick response for the problem.