Thread: BBM Broadcast is lacking feature (Block)

BBM Broadcast is lacking feature (Block)

I think that the BBM Broadcast is lacking feature of Block. The Blackberry Messenger is not able to provide any sort of option that can block a particular user who is on my messenger list. I am getting a lot of spams from some of them because of which I require this blocking method. It seems that RIM did not think about the same while creating the messenger. Please help me on what can be done in this situation.

Re: BBM Broadcast is lacking feature (Block)

I dont think that you can block any of the users who are already added in the BBM list. Inorder to prevent the spams that are caused by them, there is just one technique available. Simply delete the particular users whom you are irritated with from your messenger list. I hope that this will resolve the problem that you are facing.

Inorder to get a "blocking users" feature such as Broadcast Blocker into the BBM Broadcast, you have to request for the same to the officials. Mail them regarding this particular feature. I am sure that they will respond about the decision that they will take regarding the feature. It will be better if you mail them about the feature along with the advantages that this feature will provide.

The problem is that Research In Motion (RIM), that is the manufacturers of Blackberry do not respond back to the features or suggestions that many of the users make. It seems as if they are not responsible for all its users. I have seen on their official site that they respond back to some of the specific users. Just try out if they respond to the mail that you send.

According to me, it is a waste speaking with the RIM officials. Even if they respond back to you, I am sure that they will only tell to delete the users whom you do not want in the list, as mentioned in one of the suggestions above. Even if it is just a button for blocking the user on the list, I guess that there will be many changes that has to be made in the OS for that purpose.

Looking at all your replies, it seems that there is no other solution available in BBM Broadcast to block a user from spamming who is on the messenger list, other than deleting him or her. I wanted them to be on my list. Anyways, thanks for all your comments and views on this topic. I am deleting them, as there is no other option available.