Thread: Desktop Manager Won't Connect - USB unrecognized??

Desktop Manager Won't Connect - USB unrecognized??

I have two recently purchased Black berry Curve 8330's. I have launched up the BB Desktop Manager onto my Acer laptop on which windows vista was already installed and desktop computer with Windows XP. The software version is 4.5 and provided with both of the phone.

The problem id that the software will detects and connect with only one of the both phones. I have tried the same on each PC with separate software installation (no shared programs even though I tested the box at the time of installation procedure to allow somebody to work with this ) with the same results. With the help of provided USB cables, I connected this in phone #1, it connects just well and I can go ahead with the software without any issues . However, when I used to connect phone #2, I does not recognize it at all. One the laptop, I received a prompt which occurs as " USB Device Not Recognized - One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

Re: Desktop Manager Won't Connect - USB unrecognized??

I am getting the same issue with my newly purchased 8900. My previously 8310 works well. I have already tried all the possible thing, separate cables, ports etc.

In order to this, somebody on different sites advices taking out the battery and then connecting in to the computer . When I do the same the computer instantly detects the device and all of thing looks well to go until I connect the battery back in. This then moves back to the previous status of the device not being detected installed drivers apparently being installed. I am sure that the hardware is functioning at some level but what difference can the battery make unplugged or not?

It seems strange...I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and I am unable to get them as synchronization functioning at all . I am carrying with a Curve 8900 and it worked well while working on Vista on the same laptop. Currently, I am on Windows 7 and I can not found the USB or Bluetooth to synchronize or backup.

You do get that the device moves plugged and it seems as it starts to synchronize and suddenly got stopped . While in Desktop Manager none of the options are functional anymore. The buttons are tagged there but anything not working when you click on them. I have uninstaller Desktop Manager and done the re-installation so many times but still nothing going .

This is really very silly issue and I got several threads on this which continues the discussion with the same issue but no one have proper solution. I am just considering about this issue right now ...But I have to ask some questions regarding this . For the backup, where does this got sucked ? I know that mine consumes quite much more time on one section (there is something to do with BBM...unable to recall particularly ), but if I just wait long enough, it commonly finishes. I don't have any proper reason to tell you that why it consumes so long there, but it does .

I got the same issue with the connectivity of the devices and read this answer on another forum post: "If you are running with a media card plugged with the Blackberry to the computer system and find out if you are able to access your media,in case, if you can't that then you have a bad cable. If you can, so to system manager on the computer system and find out if there are any conflicts."

I can get the components on the media card so my cable is fine , but how do you perform the latter - system manager - part. Is system manager the similar as My carrying system ? If yeah then how do I consider the "conflicts"?

Hi guys,I require some help help from you all. Actually, when I connected up my blackberry into my USB, my phone is recognizing my system because it is in the situation of charging .

But I am unable to plug the same means BB to my laptop! Because easily way, my desktop manager its unplugged and I couldn't plug this with my blackberry . Is the issue with my blackberry or is it with my laptop? Can someone help me out on this?