Thread: Connect PS2 to laptop and play games on it?

Connect PS2 to laptop and play games on it?

I have a Dell laptop on which i have installed windows XP operating system and recently i have bought a new Sony PS2. I want to ask you guys that is it possible to connect my PS2 with the laptop and then play games on it like i play it on TV. I do not have any idea but still if it would be possible to do so then i would be much happy.

Re: Connect PS2 to laptop and play games on it?

Oh great! Even i want to do the same thing with my PS2. Many time it happens that i want to play PS2 but my TV would be busy with my Mom. So i do not get chance to play PS2. It would be great solution if i can play my PS2 on my laptop. Is there anybody who can provide the solution for this problem? Please help use guys, I do not want to watch TV sops with my mom.

Actually it is not possible to have your PS2 games on your laptop. When you connect your PS2 with your TV then it is simple that you need only screen on which you can play the games which are actually handled by the PS2. So you need just screen. Now if there would be a TV out on your laptop then it would be possible to have PS2 games on your laptop's screen.

You must be knowing that the PS2 game's CD does not works with the computer system and similarly same games has different CD for playing it on computer system which does not works on PS2. This means that PS2 and Computer systems are having different platforms which are not compatible with each other. If the same case would be with the desktop computer then it would have been possible as you can use just monitor as a screen for playing PS2 games.

I would like to make you checking that is there any TV In port provided on your laptop or not to which you can connect your PS2 laptop. If there wont be any such port on your laptop then i do not think that it would be possible for you to play PS2 on your laptop. And yes it is true that watching the TV sops with your family is very very hard task for a guy who plays PS2. I can understand you but there is no other way to enjoy your PS2.

It is NOT POSSIBLE to have your PS@ games on your laptop. Instead of doing such settings with your PS2, I would recommend you to get the CDs of the same games or you may choose for some others to play on your laptop. So that when your mom would be busy in watching soaps, You can enjoy those games on your laptop.

According to me you should not change your PS2 setup with the TV in order to get it on your computer's screen as it would be bothering you to make so much changes but at the end, I don't think that it would be possible to have such settings. I would simply say that IT WONT BE HAPPENING. You may ask for a new TV from your mother but please don't tell her that it has been suggested by me.