Thread: BREW LG Dare (9700)

BREW LG Dare (9700)

I was trying to develop an application in Flash from quiet a few time now. I am very much new to the mobile world and i am using the LG Dare mobile phone which i purchased very recently and i am surprised to know that it supports the Flash but through the BREW platform. Finally i came ton knew that it will cost me around 399$ to use the BREW Tools suite. Also the LG 9700 is not available in a lot of the phone in the emulator. So i am postin here to know how can i test the Developed Flash application on my LG Dare 9700.

Re: BREW LG Dare (9700)

As far as i know the skins which are present in the Adobe device central are directly coming from the Manufacturer. If something is not available in the emulator then it is probably the LG who have not provided the same. Also i have heard that the adobe experts are working hard in this case with qualcomm so that the developers create BREW applications with the Flash Lite.

I think that the LG Dare 9700 is not compatible with the Flash so it is nearly impossible to test the application which you develop using Flash. The best idea in this regard would be to use the application directly on a cell phone which support the Flash based applications. Hope this will help you in this matter.

I just got my self LG Dare (2 days) and while I was online for the control of his examination, I found that this phone has a decent music player. But I do not know is that Verizon and TELUS uses their music player to own this phone (big disappointment), The music Player from the TELUS is not as good as it is from the one which is coming with Verizon. Is there a way to change the music player or obtain any other player as this phone supports the applications? I have BitPim and work, but do not know what to do with that I've never used before.

You can, you just need to go find someone who has good libraries for coding BREW file system. The BREW file system is not a simple drag and drop of such changes on the phone. In fact, you so lucky to have the port of Java. Java is actually pretty realistic with. I do not know BREW It uses C + + and very few orders too little. You will need the libraries and create or edit you own a music player.

The problem which you have is a difficult one to answer and hence i can't provide much help in this matter. But i think that it would be beneficial for you to update the software of the cell phone which you are using. You can also do this manually through the Menu -> Settings -> Phone Information -> Software Update -> Check for New.

Make sure you install the drivers for the phone. Now connect your phone to the USB cable and make sure you do not select a USB mass storage if you so request. If you do not get the download. Now open BitPim and select "Edit / Settings". Change phone model for 9700. Now, if you have problems,change the model of 9100. It should work. DO NOT use "get" device commands. Just use the view file system. But whatever you want to do, you can accomplish. You now have BitPim work with you LG Dare (VX9700).

Make sure you install the drivers for the phone. Now connect your phone to the USB cable and make sure you do not select a USB mass storage if you so request. If you do not get the download. Now open BitPim and select "Edit / Settings" Change phone model for 9700. Now, if you have problems,change the model of 9100. It should work. DO NOT use "get" device commands. Just use the view file system. But whatever you want to do, you can accomplish. You now have BitPim work with you LG Dare (VX9700).

I added a character by applying this cheetah skin to my new lg cell. It protects my cell from scratches and nicks and it gives a very different look also. I just loved it