Thread: Java on iPod Touch

Java on iPod Touch

I just want to know that can I install java on iPod touch? I am using an iPod touch from couple of months and now thinking to install the Java application. So please tell me some basic steps that can be useful for installing the Java. Any other information regarding the topic would be grateful. Hoping that someone hanging out would provide some useful information as soon as possible. Since, I am not having enough knowledge of it, please explain me in details.

Re: Java on iPod Touch

Java runtime environment installed on many phones to allow the use of different applications and different from a web browser like Opera Mini for many games like that sells Gameloft. The integration of Java to the iPhone would therefore benefit from this rich ecosystem of software, even though most of them are not adapted to the size of its screen and its touch interface. But it would suffice that Java works to give wings to many developers. It so happens that it is already possible to install Java on iPhone or iPod Touch! It is however necessary to have a jailbroken device, open to third party applications. If this is your case, you probably Springboard on the Install icon. App.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

the following steps will guide you properly for installing the Java on your iPod Touch :
    1. Initially you will have to jailbreak your device.
    2. After doing that in cydia, alter your permissions to developer.
    3. Go to the java tab in categories.
    4. Then download iedit, Classpath, jamvm, terminal, and jikes which are an applications that should be used in installing it.
    5. Go into the NOTES app on your ipod, turn it horizontally and type this:
      Code:
      public class test
      {
      public static void main(String[] args)
      {
      System.out.println("test");
      }
      }
    6. Create replica of this by selecting all of the text.
    7. Then you will have to open up iedit and make a new file called test.java
    8. Paste the code given above into the window and click save in the bottom left.
    9. Launch terminal and type the following commands:

cd Documents
    jikes test.java
    java test OR
    jamvm test

Having refreshed the sources, a Java directory should have made its appearance in the list of applications to install. Packages GNU Classpath, jamvm and, optionally, Classpath Tool can have on his iPhone a Java virtual machine. From there, you are theoretically able to run parts of Java code on your iPhone. Beware, we are not yet able to simply install Java applications on the mobile phone from Apple, but early results are quite encouraging since it is already possible to run some simple commands.

Yes, it is possible ... but since this is not supported by Apple's store, you can not distribute your application by using conventional. By forcing you to use ObjC, purpose search by apple and just make sure your application is "captive" of the iphone, just the opposite of the primary objectives imposes by Java: portability. Besides it is also possible to introduce Java native code (C code for reuse / C + + existing example). I have nothing against the fact that Apple makes a priority the promotion of its tools, but they prohibit competitors seems at first sight appears consistent with EU competition rules.

Java is a computer ineptitude, use a virtual machine to run native applications is a heresy! Use of language to interpret the mock-up, plugin or web based applications ok, but not for embedded applications. If the iPhone or iPodTouch are responsive and efficient is because the applications are written in C. It's absolutely idiotic to use half of CPU time to analyze and translate the millions and millions of times that the application wants to do.

A little note to announce that Sun Microsystems has announced work on a Java Virtual Machine based on Java ME (Java Micro Edition) that would be usable on the iPod Touch and iPhone. The output should be done after the launch that firmware 2.0. To explain simply the java is very much used in the world of mobile telephony to create software, mostly games (besides the record of my samsung D900 GAMES called: JAVA), but many others also applications.

The iPhone has been very criticized for not supporting Flash and Java. If the integration of Flash is not on the agenda, however Java is expected soon integrate the touchscreen phone from Apple and the iPod Touch. The version of Java for the iPhone and iPod Touch would be the Java Micro Edition (JVM), worked to ensure to best adapt to both. An Application Itself May not install or launch executable code by any other means clustering, Including Without Limits-through the Use of a plug-in architecture, calling other frameworks.