Thread: iPod 4 made my 8 GB iPod a 6.84 GB

iPod 4 made my 8 GB iPod a 6.84 GB

I am having an unusual problem with the new operating system that I have installed in my iPod Touch. I have heard that the iOS 4 has some bugs. I suppose that this is the same reason that the iPod 4 made my 8 GB iPod a 6.84 GB. I had songs more than 7 GB in this same device and after installing this operating system, I cannot get this amount of space. I need some technique with the help of which I can get the amount of lost space back.

Re: iPod 4 made my 8 GB iPod a 6.84 GB

If iPod 4 made your 8 GB iPod a 6.84 GB, then there is no need to worry. This is because the space has been taken by the new operating system. So, this is no kind of bug that this new operating system is giving. Actually, iOS 4 requires more amount of space than the older versions of the operating systems. I guess that there is no method by which you can get the space back.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You are facing a genuine situation that the iPod 4 made your 8 GB iPod a 6.84 GB. You must remember while using this iOS 4 that if you need to store that amount of data as you used to, while using the older operating systems, then you must get a device that has greater capacity. Anyways, I can assure you that the new OS will show you the capacity of device as less only, as I have experienced using the same.

The problem that iPod 4 made your 8 GB iPod a 6.84 GB is a disadvantage that the users face when the upgradation is done. Even though this is not a bug that the operating system has, there are many other bugs that causes problems while using the iPod Touch. Many a times, I have seen users asking questions regarding about the compatibility of the applications with iOS 4.

The problem that I am facing ever since I have done an upgradation to iOS 4 from the older operating system is that I am not able to sync the music files in my computer with my device. I tried all the possible solutions available, but they were of no use. In the end, I was left with only one option, that is to degrade to the older operating system.

If anyone has just done an upgradation to the new operating system, then it is recommended that the upgrade must be rolled back as soon as possible. I had the same issue and rolling back to the older version of the operating system helped me to sync the song files on my computer. Well, it will be better if you can report about the problem to the officials, so that they can help you with some genuine solution.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

There is a possibility that the device must have become corrupt because of which iPod 4 made your 8 GB iPod a 6.84 GB. If the warranty of the device is still remaining, then take it back to the dealer. They will fix the issue that you are facing for free. If the warranty has finished, then you will have to pay for the repair that will be done to your device.