Thread: Tethering ipad-iphone via a cable

Tethering ipad-iphone via a cable

I am wondering what occurs if we attach together Ipad and Iphone using their USB cables to USB hub. i.e similar to having a cable connecting in cooperation together. Then make possible tethering on the iphone comparable to what you do when you hook up iphone to a computer. Depends on your carrier. I would believe that you be supposed to be competent to Bluetooth tether. Here in the US AT&T has yet to make possible tethering so if you are here and make use of them, then no.

Re: Tethering ipad-iphone via a cable

I presently have comprised the iphone 3gs and I tether it to my laptop and additional random systems. My query is do you believe I determine to have to purchase the 3G version or description of the IPAD or be able to I get the wireless version or description and tether my iphone to it. Cause if I hear appropriately I might be capable to eliminate my existing sim card and utilize it in the IPAD. If this were true. Irritating there’s no technique I desire to take that out back and forth additional than if it is not true. The tether alternative is attractive convenient.

You have to do a number of research or pay attention to the event the entire in excess of again: at the same time as the news of Apple's iPadSIM that tiny card that holds your contact information in sequence and account information that you locate in your GSM handset is a 15 x 25mm plastic card whereas the innovative Micro SIM (in addition recognized as a 3FF SIM) is a diminutive 12 x 15mm, regarding 52% smaller. Needless to say, it's not physically well-matched by means of your current phone. Having 3G was not accurately a surprise, the shift to a innovative format for the SIM positively was.

Yes you determine to be competent to tether, additional than not by means of the usb cable. You determine to make use of the original multi touch air gestures exposed in the demo the recent past. Place the iphone and ipad subsequently to every supplementary turn on the wifi of every wave your index and middle finger in excess of together and say "tether". No one be familiar with for certain until they have one. I hesitation you determine to be capable to USB tether for the reason that the iPad would have to encompass software to look to the USB for internet. Similar for Bluetooth, they have to comprise the right Bluetooth stack for it to work.

You have to Jailbreak your iPhone, and download mywi. Google it to learn additional. I have by no means essentially used it for the reason that I immediately heard regarding it the recent past. Essentially it's imaginary to go round your iPhone into a wifi hot spot. I would envisage you would be capable to join that wifi network by means of the iPad. You be able to tether anything that is wifi accomplished as long as you encompass a wifi hotspot which in this case if you have an iphone. There are cydia apps that permit your iphone to twist into a wifi hotspot. One is pdanet and the additional is mywi.

It is extremely true and I have completed this via wifi on a laptop. Fundamentally (if the iPad permits this) it be supposed to hypothetically join to your mock wifi network twisted on a jailbroken iPhone using cydia apps, and fundamentally tunnel through to the 3g internet. I do this too by means of my iphone, it runs great, additional than it goes drain the power of the iphone quite speedily. So if you are planning on doing this, you determine to necessitate locating out if the iPhone be able to be charged through the iPad, for the reason that when I do this I have my iphone associated to my mbp at the entire times.

I had immediately jailbreak and install MyWi. It generates an individual wifi network for you. Then you attach the iPad to that network, and voila tethering. It’s a guess additional than I in addition believe it would run. If several systems be able to attach to the iphone once it uses MyWi or PDANet then most probable the ipad would in addition. I am not certain regarding doing it thru USB, it would have to be facilitated on the Ipad side in addition and I highly doubt that. My guess would be through Bluetooth or Mywi wifi correlation the majority possible.