Thread: How to un-jailbreak an iPod Touch?

How to un-jailbreak an iPod Touch?

I am running with a jailbroken iPod Touch 1.1.4 and I was considering about some methods if you all are sure about this . Do you know any method through which, I can un-jailbreak it without having to properly restore this. Most of my music is no longer stored on my system hard disk, so if I have to restore my entire music then it will be lost. I required to un-jailbreak this because there are some unwanted bugs are present which are freezing my iPod. Please help me to sort out this one issue !!

Re: How to un-jailbreak an iPod Touch?

You have to perform the restoration of your ipod to un-jailbreak this . If you are suffering with this issue then you must remove entire applications that you have already installed on your touch and just thinking that your ipod comes back into normal status . I don't think, jailbreaking causes this type of bug issues . The issues might be in your ipod. So you will have to restore your ipod in that situation. You will have to sync with itunes and lose entire stored songs. Fine, so there are some software's available on the internet that would be helpful for you to take the backup of the songs from the ipod back into your machine (itunes). One more thing , I would suggest you to downgrade to 1.1.1/2 for a stable jailbreak with the proper and compatible firmware's .

I have already tried with the help of iTunes but got failed to do this and it occurred some error message to me (-48) at the end of the operation . I also moved to go with the force restoring of this but it only worked once but currently, I am not sure that why this would not move back to that screen that stated connect to iTunes when you first get it! Please somebody help me . I have to fix it now

There is no such type of causes why it would not take you to the 'connect to iTunes' screen. You should try to switch it off (top button and red slider) your iPod not. Switching this off and then go through the steps suggested below :

NOTE : Just keep your iPod connected with the computer while performing this operation ..

1. Press and keep down the Home button and the sleep/wake button. (the power off option will be displayed, you just ignore that)
    2. When the apple logo would be displayed , let go for the sleep/wake button (Hold the home button.)
    3. After some seconds, you should get that the connect to iTunes image (you can now let move for the home button.)
    4. Just open up the iTunes .
    5. iTunes should automatically detect your iPod once the image gets up, if would not disconnect your iPod and connect this back in.
    6. Just restore your iPod after making a click on the "Restore" button.

I think, I found about what your are trying to perform. You need this to move on so it moves to the connect in with the iTunes display so it seems new because your are taking it back. So you are telling that you have already restored this though, fine ? if so then you need not worry about anything . if it's restored to its factory configurations, best buy will take it back. why are you going to take this back? I am little bit confused. please, would you elaborate this ..

I have done the jailbreaking of my ipod touch, but I found some difficulties in the middle so I required to force restore it but this didn't move and I received the same error. So I reconfigured this in the settings/general/reset/erase all content and settings destination.

It worked and removed entire contents and gave me back almost all my space.
    Actually, the issue is that instead of like 15 GBs of free space the it provide 14.8gigs of free space. This states that the jailbreak file are still present there .
    I have tried for restoring procedure but I get the (-48) message.